DIG A LITTLE DEEPER

"How are you doing gentlemen?" A raven haired man said in a suiting voice; Niall needed suiting voices; he needed anything and everybody as long as it wasn't related to Harry Styles.

"Terrible." Niall said without any emotion attached to his voice.

"Well, terrible is also a start to something." Darker haired man said and flashed a smile towards the unhappy couple. "I am Zayn Malik and for the next six months I will be your guide in all of this."

"Our guide?" Harry asked; suddenly interested in the lad before him.

"Yes! I am here to help you fix this relationship." Zayn smiled as he sat back in his chair.

"Is that what they told you, Mr Malik?" Harry smirked, darting his tongue out of the corner of his mouth.

"This is bullshit." Niall said as he tried to get up, but was stopped by Harry's hand pulling him back.

"Yes. Please help us guide!" Harry had an devilish glow in his eyes. "We are so in love, but there are so many troubles in our relationship. We just can't seem to fix this on our own."

Harry fake cried and Niall turned towards him with questioning eyes. He really started to think that Harry was mental; down right mental.

"That's why I am here!" Zayn said seriously. "So you don't have to get divorced, but can work through your problems."

"Thank you, thank you so much, Mr Malik!" Harry said with a hint of sarcasm; alright, not a hint but a bull loud of it.

Niall watched as Harry's fingers caressed his palm; ever so gently. Niall has to wonder why it was so easy for Harry to act like this; one second he hates me and now he wants to fix this? There is nothing to fix.

"No, no. Stop." Niall have had enough; he jerked his hand away from Harry. "We are not a married couple, Mr Malik. We loath each other."

Harry rolled his eyes and slouched back into the sofa; he was pissed at this situation; he was pissed that they were send to marriage consoler and not just somebody who tracks their "progress", he was pissed that when he wanted to at least make this satiation a bit fun, Niall had to ruin it.

"You are not? But judge-" Zayn was interrupted by Harry.

"Judge can tell you what ever she wants. But if you want the real info, I will gladly provide it to you." Harry spoke coldly; he just couldn't believe that he had to miss a meeting for this horse load of shit.

"Just don't glorify yourself too much." Niall mumbled under his breath; Harry caught that. Maybe he should glorify it.

"The story goes like this. Both of us got super drunk four years ago; and by super I mean a complete black out for both of us; no memories have come back. We woke up the next morning in the same bed and swore to never see each other again. Then, 4 years later, this incompetent moron showed up at my office and loudly announced to all of my clients that we are a fucking married couple; which made me livid; I have never been a so angry, ever. And I have been angry a lot of times." Harry had to breath in some more air, before he continued. "So we went to the courthouse to get this shit annulled or divorced, but judge said something about her being tired of people disrespecting marriage and not taking this seriously, so she wants us to try to be married and if we fail than we can get a divorce and even if we manage to become friends we can still divorce each other; but until then we have to try to fix something that's not even real."

"I see." Zayn said slowly; he had a lot to think about; this was an unusual situation. "Can you explain to me what you think a good marriage is? Not taking your situation in consideration."

Botha lads sat in a uncomfortable silence; both afraid of speaking; breathing or moving.

"Well. I have my girlfriend of four years and I love her dearly. I could see us getting married one day; and then spending the rest of our life together. Respecting  and loving each other." Harry said slowly; he sounded genuine, but there was something missing.

Niall felt his body heat up; his cheeks start to tingle just under his eyes. He didn't want to listen about Harry's girlfriend; he didn't know why, but he already thought of her as a bitch. So he huffed quite loudly.

"What?" Harry's head snapped into Niall's direction; anger flowing in every fibber of his body. "Is me planing to marry my girlfriend so bad? Have you already fallen in love with me and are jealous of her? Because I will never like or love you."

Harry felt a rush of adrenaline go through his body as he tried to make Niall as small as he could; but when he saw that Niall indeed looked hurt; he didn't feel that good anymore; he actually felt pretty gutted.

"Jealous? I am sorry for her." Niall barely managed to speak whit tears almost ready to spill.

Zayn watched the both lads with amazement; he had never had a pair like this. They seemed as biggest of enemies and they probably were; but at the same time; Zayn could see something. He saw a glimpse of hurt in Niall's eyes when Harry spoke about his girlfriend; there was something buried deep down and Niall doesn't even know about it.

"Enough of bantering." Zayn stoped the both lads that were close to getting to each other's throats. He stood up and walked over to them; he kneeled in front of them and waited until both of them calmed down and looked at him.

"Now. I heard Harry." Zayn smiled into Harry's direction and then looked at Niall; with a knowing smile. "Tell me about your outlook on marriage."

Niall shifted uncomfortably; his eyes shifting to look at Harry for a second; he wasn't looking at Niall; of course he wouldn't look at him; why would he?

"I feel that I already have found a person that I am meant to be with." Zayn perked up; so did Harry. Zayn knew why he was interested in Niall's answer; but Harry didn't understand why those words made him feel tingles all over his body. "And I know that when we are married; I will always cherish every moment of life; even if we are not physically together all the time; because as long as he is mine and I am his; our love won't die."

Well you aren't his now. Harry thought and suddenly froze; his head started to spin as he listened to what Niall was saying; painful jolts biting his heart; am I having a heart attack? Does it happen to young people?

"I love Louis and it kills me that I have to be away from him. He is the person that I want to be married to; he is the person that I want to share a living space with; he is the one I want to talk all day and nigh and even in my dreams." Niall felt tears rolling down his cheeks. "I don't want to hate Harry; but he is ruining my perception about love and marriage; so I am annoyed and angry, and I just want this to be over."

Zayn watched them carefully; he noticed the look that Harry was giving Niall; it was pretty similar to the one that Niall had before; but there was more to Harry's gaze; he knew; at least he felt that there is something more then hate. Now it was Zayn's job to make it happen.

"I heard what both of you had to say and I disagree with the judge. You value marriage; in different ways, but you do." Zayn returned to his chair and looked through a folder of pages. "I want to help you get through this; I will give you a task for the next week and I will not accept, you not doing it. You have to listen to my recommendations, judges orders. She said that if you won't try; she will prolong your divorce."

"Good." Harry and Niall said at the same time; both scared to look into each other's directions; both bodies tingling and hearts trembling.

"Here is a list of questions for both of you." Zayn said as he handed the questions to each man. "You have to get to know each other."

"But-" Harry started to protest; as he knew that their contract prohibited getting to know each other.

"No, but's! See you next week." With that both men exited the room and without speaking got into the Ferrari and drove to their for-now home.