Training Hope

John POV
I was waiting in the hallway next to Damian's room. Almost a year has past since the whole dark side nonsense happened and the world was slowly getting back to normal and I believe we owe that to Damian and raven's child, a little 5 year old girl who is the sweetest thing that anyone can lay eyes on. I know what a lot of people might say how is she 5 years old already and the answer is she is a half demon with extraordinary powers and that allows her grow a little faster then normal.

"Honestly they call me here so bloody early and don't even invite me into the room" I said to myself. Finally the baby bat came out of the room with his 5 year old in tow behind him excited as usual.

"Thank you for coming Constantine and so early too" he said with that same old bloody glare of his that reminds me so much of his father......which is quite terrifying.

"Where the lady in waiting" I asked putting my hands in my coat pockets.

"Raven is gathering somethings with star fire and told me to tell you that you will be in charge of Hope's training for today" he said looking down at his daughter who was hiding behind his legs.

"Excuse me if I'm being rude but why me of all people,why don't you train her" I said uncomfortable in this situation.

"Well first off I don't have magical powers and second I have to train with the assassins today and then I have a meeting with an old acquaintance of mine who also survived the war" he explained giving me excellent reasons which pissed me off to the bone. Eventually I nodded and gave into it. He kneeled down towards his daughter and whispered something then did this weird thing where he kissed his index finger and middle finger which Hope repeated and then pressed their fingers together in some sort of promise. He then handed her to me then walked to the area.

"Alright kid I'm gonna be your trainer for today and today we are going on a little trip" I said adjusting my jacket.

Hope POV (SURPRISE!!!)
I followed Mr. John to the outside of the compound where I usually come with daddy to play in the snow. I sensed that the assassins on their post were keeping a close eye on us but I knew Mr. John would keep me safe.

"Okay kid so me what you can do so far" he said sitting on a boulder. I nodded then closed my eyes and when I snapped them back open the were white like mommy's and I focused my energy on what I wanted to move and I did moved it far which impressed Mr.John. I returned my eyes back to normal but felt very tired after.

"That was very impressive but you used up all you energy just for that. You do realize that you are the key to saving the world." He said standing up. I nodded and stood back on my feet.

"I think what you need to learn before you learn spells is to conserve your energy. Now let me think of one way that might...... I got it you know how your mom meditates sometimes." He said.

"But mommy uses meditation to control her emotions not to conserve her energy" I said wiping snow off my knees.

" I know that but listen. Nature is the mother of all magic and magic users like us and you mom when can concentrate on absorbing that energy for ourselves and adding it to our own power" he explained. I was very fascinated and excited.

"So today instead of training I want you to go into the library here and research all the information you can find about what nature energy is and how you can absorb it for your self and tomorrow and I want you to tell me what you learned got it" he said firmly. I saluted him and ran back towards the comping heading to straight to the library. I tried grabbed as many books on nature energy as I could but I was still young that I almost feel down but grandpa Bruce where there to catch me.

"Now what does a young girl like you need all theses books for" he said taking some books from my arms and walking me to his room.

"Mr.John said I need to research on nature energy to help me with my powers. I want to get stronger so I can save the world." I said determined.

Bruce POV
I saw the look in my granddaughter eyes and they remind me so much of Damian when he was fixed on something. When we got back to my room Hope immediately began reading and I went back to observing the earth which was doing a lot better. 50% of the core return and the weather stopped with the craziness. A few hours passed when Damian came to get Hope who was asleep with a book resting on her chest.

"You can leave the books here and she can get them tomorrow" I said to Damian. He nodded and bid me goodnight heading off to his room. I can't wait to see Hope's training to come to a end and see what she will become after it all.