The Heir to Liberty Part 4

March 1st 20XX 2:15AM

Have you ever seen an ant farm, where when felt threatened, they move like they were in rush hour. The guards of Bell were like that, trying to find Lupin in the hotel. Tries as they might, they looked for him in rooms, restrooms, and broom closets of the hotel floors. They questioned all of the employees to find Lupin, but they seem to only find a blur of him passing by at the corner of their eyes. Though, one of them did say he would be up to the roof of the hotel. Half of them had gone to the roof, but the rest continued to search for him.

Bell had been in his bedroom, furious about hearing Lupin's escape. "How in the hell can you lose one damn man?!" He thought as drinks his rage away. He then hears a knock at his hotel door.

Bell: Go away.

???: Sir, you have a message.

Bell: From who?

???: A man in a red overcoat.

Bell: ...Walks over and opens the door. What does it say?

Bellhop: He said that you should read it. Hold it out.

Bell had looked at a folded piece of paper in the hands of the bellhop, he then looked at the bellhop for a brief second. Then quickly took the paper and gave the bellhop a dollar to go away. He takes a look at the paper to see a handwritten letter, quick written but easy to read.

If you wish for my help, try taking a look at the Lady who wears the crown of Liberty. Also, should you wish to talk more with me, find me at The Palm Court. A.L

Bell was conflicted; on the one hand he feels like he is being played by some deranged thief who thinks himself as some master thief playing him for a fool. On the other, he knows what the letters were written, the clues that can lead them to the treasure. Bell had to think over so much on this, he had been thinking on how to approach the situation. After a good while of 3 minutes, one of the guards came into the room.

Bell: Report.

Guard: We found him, we have him held up in the Palm Court.

Bell: And?

Guard: We tried to apprehend him, but he said he was expecting you to come down and talk.

Bell: ...Did you try to bring him here?

Guard: When we did, he pulled out some IED and detonated it in front of us if we did it again.

Bell: Takes a moment to think it over. Take me there.

When Bell gets to the Palm Court, he sees a dozen of soldiers all aiming at Lupin who's hand is on a triggering device pressed down by his thumb. He sits on a chair in a calm manner, like he was just living his day. Bell had signaled his men to stand down and walked towards him, the table was long and wide that many might find it hard to hear one another if sat across, Lupin looked at him with a curious expression. "This thief is either brave or crazy to pull this stunt." He thought as he sat down near him.

Lupin: Hello again, Lord Bell.

Bell: Do you believe that you will escape here? Because I do not think you crazy enough to kill yourself.

Lupin: ...You're right, I'm not that crazy. Let go of the trigger.

Many of the guards gasp and were about to jump on Arséne to finish him off, but Bell had stopped them with the raise of his hand. Many halted and backed off a bit.