Semifinals

Lupin and others were watching the fight with the Shillelagh and the Logger; figuring out how to handle being one who Lupin is up against. The fight was as advertised, a snake like sinner versus a strange humanoid sinner. Logger was much like Brock's build, he has muscle but little to speed. Amu went on explaining that Shillelagh had more endurance when using his tail to defend himself, along with more control of the fight. Also, how Shillelagh's snake half surrounded Brock, controlling the match on his own terms.

Lupin: This will be one for the age. Turns to Amu. Any thoughts?

Amu: ...trust in your knowledge and instinct.

Lupin: sighs Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

When the match ended, the semi finals were about to begin, Lupin stretching out in the locker room with Moxxie watching over him. Amu, Marcus and Scales were talking over to the announcer for the final fight.

Moxxie: ...you can win this right?

Lupin: I made a deal that I would win. So-

Moxxie: No 'would'. We need an official win.

Lupin: ...

Moxxie: Arséne, these guys will kill you. They won't leave you like you did with Mamba. They're not like you.

Lupin could only hear Moxxie's concern for him.

Moxxie: What I'm saying is...Come back alive on this.

Lupin: ...Make it a promise.

Moxxie: Wha?

Lupin: You know me about deals, right? Well, if you make it a promise, I'll be sure to keep it.

Moxxie could only look at Lupin as he said his words so plainly, only then to remember that Lupin always kept his promises one way or another.

Lupin: So?

Moxxie: Promise you'll make it out alive?

Lupin: Smiles. Promise.

With that, he finishes his stretch and starts making his way to the arena. But while making his way, Mamba awaits close over at the entrance of the arena. Lupin stops with his hands at the ready, though Mamba showed she didn't want to fight.

Mamba: Easy dog, I ain't here to fight.

Lupin: ...What is it?

Mamba: Why didn't you kill me? The crowd wanted blood and you just...spared me.

Lupin: Cause you're a good fighter, in honesty, sparring with you would be the most exciting part.

Mamba: What are yo-

Lupin: I may not know who you were when you were alive, but here, you could be better. Not as a fighter, but a person.

Mamba: Okay, you sound like that chick with that hotel of hers.

Lupin: Maybe...so why not prove me wrong?

Those were the last things he said to Mamba when he continued on to the arena. Mamba: Good luck, hound.

The arena cheered loudly when Lupin entered, a mix of cheers and booing, it would seem that Lupin made many lose a lot of money from his last fight. To which, Lupin smiled wide. He had waved to the people and gotten a look at his opponent, a green and brown snake, the brown having a pattern that are eyes. Lupin had tilted his head with curiosity.

Announcer: Comes into the arena with a slide. Ladies and gents, now I know you want to see the fight started; but the Shillelagh wishes to say and ask a question to his opponent Lupin.