Horse Play

June 11th

After two days of non-stop training and fighting in mud, Amu had given Lupin a day off to take a light workout. That work out made him take a walk on his route, but he took an alternate route to the town. At the time there, he had met a few Imps that he had fought in the mud pit that Amu invited to fight Lupin. Some were friendly as they saw him passing by, others...well, less friendly. After leaving the town, he ended up close to an open field; taking in the sights and trying to familiarize with it.

It was a nice walk, till he started to feel that he was being followed by the sound of...hooves. Lupin had turned to see that hell horse was falling at him from a distance. At first, Lupin was about to run, but he didn't sense any hostility from it; Lupin kept walking, believing that the horse would leave him alone.

After 15 minutes of walking, the horse still followed Lupin, without changing any direction. "Wonder why this horse is following me?" Lupin thought. He then stops expecting the horse to change course, as he stopped, so did the horse. This made Lupin confused and curious. Lupin had taken a step, the horse took a step. Lupin had done some high steps, the horse did the same. The horse was copying Lupin's steps, even the prancing steps.

Lupin then turns to see the horse tower over him, he sees how a blazing skeletal-like creature looks so calm around Lupin. He had heard that hell horses were a bit tempered with strangers, if not territorial when meeting one in the wild. But this one seems to show only kindness and playfulness.

Lupin: Seems your one in million, huh?

The horse nods.

Lupin: And smart too, one in a billion.

The horse neighs in joy, a close sense of it laughing.

Lupin: So, gonna throw it out there cause I don't want to beat around the push; could you give me a ride? As in that I-

The horse shook its head.

Lupin: Thought so, but would you accompany me on my walks?

The horse nodded.

Lupin: And if you feel the need for a challenge, we could get a race going. I do want to see how well I can run.

The horse neighs in excitement at the idea.

Lupin then smiles and continues to walk, alongside his new friend.

Later.

It started to dusk and the whole gang started to eat, but they soon saw Lupin approaching the farm, with the hell horse at his side. Millie and her family were very surprised that a hell horse was having a conversation with a hellhound. When Lin and Joe approached Lupin, the horse had stopped and neighed.

Lupin: Oh, I see. Gotcha, see ya then.

The horse neighs again as it stood up with its own leg for a moment to turn around and gallops away.

Lupin: To the horse. Take care.

Joe: Walks up beside Lupin. Why did you let your horse go?

Lupin: Looks at Joe with confusion. That wasn't my horse, that was my friend. We just walked and talked. Smells the air. Oo, something smells good. Walks over to the table.

Joe, Lin and Millie were much in confusion as to what happened.

Moxxie: Soon comes by. Oh, talked with another animal?

Millie: He talks to animals?

Moxxie: Yeah, one of our heists in the human world headed us to a forest. We founded a nice cave.

Lin: Oh, and what? Was it filled with bats?

Moxxie: a Bear actually.