No Bells Were Rung

Hoji had sheathed his sword, he had turned to see Lupin beginning to bleed onto the ground. He had taken a moment to pay his respect to Lupin, he had seen Lupin as a strange but worthy warrior he had faced. "May your travel to the void be a peaceful one." He thought as he paid his respect. But he then felt an intent aimed at his head; within a split second decision, he had quickly dodged a bullet that had whizzed by his head. Hoji had turned to see an angry imp in a suit with a rifle in his hands.

Hoji: Who are you?

Moxxie: A friend to the hellhound you've killed!

Moxxie then continued on to fire with his rifle at Hoji, Hoji continued to dodge from the shots, upon the final shot, Hoji had cut the bullet in the air. Moxxie could only reload with anger, but he then looks up to see Hoji pointing his blade at Moxxie.

Hoji: Here I thought the hellhound had come alone.

Moxxie: He did, after I...I thought he went to his...

Hoji began to see Moxxie with such sadness in his eyes.

Hoji: I see. So you only saw the aftermath.

Moxxie: We did. And we're going to enjoy taking your head.

Hoji: "We?"

Hoji then hears two more guns being clicked for being ready to fire at him. Blitzo and Millie soon join in the confrontation, ready to shoot at Hoji. Though, being surrounded by guns didn't have the slightest phase on Hoji. They felt on how the sudden attack will be worthless, but Moxxie had to try at least. Nearly all of them were trying to find a way to breathe easy, while Hoji stood calmly.

Hoji: You must be a true friend if you were going to this length for that hound.

Moxxie looks at Hoji's eyes, he saw no hint of lie or mockery in them, Hoji meant those words.

Hoji: You should know, he fought well. And since he didn't want any of you involved, I shall take my leave.

Moxxie: And what if I said 'no'?

Hoji stared at Moxxie and saw much determination, as for Moxxie look at Hoji, it was as if he was seeing a hint of curiosity on Moxxie.

Hoji: How far-

Floosh! 

It was then that Hoji had felt a sudden surge of a flame coming...somewhere. He looked around with his eyes trying to figure out where that sudden sensation is coming from. The trio were all confused as to how Hoji was looking around, they were close to pulling the trigger, yet in anticipation for tigger being pulled by the three, Hoji and cutted their weapons down to be useless. They hardly saw it coming, it was as if the sword was waved around in the air. After cutting the weapons, he had turned to see Arséne ...getting up. "He's getting back up from my attack." He thought surprised. He also sensed that the sensation of a flame was coming from him. "What type of strength does this hound have?" He then fully see him stand on his feet.