A New Approach

June 8th 20XX

It had been three days since his training in hell, it was light work for many but Lupin felt off. He was sure that the routine was simple, but his body felt heavy, he still hasn't fully recovered yet. However, Lupin felt more than that, for some reason the air in the wrath ring was hard to breathe. His movement became slow and his reflexes were off, it was as if he was on a different planet.

Amu was able to notice, even with Moxxie being a spot for Lupin, it wasn't enough for Lupin to improve. "What's wrong with you pup?" Amu thought, by the time he could think of another way for Lupin's training, Joe then stood beside Amu to see how the training was going.

Joe: This is the hellhound your hope'n would win that tournament up in Pride?

Joe then sees Lupin movement, though slow, he was showing good form and Moxxie being able to use the punch pads to catch Lupin's punches.

Joe: Forgive me if I have my doubts.

Amu: Forgiven. But you haven't seen what he can do.

Joe: Hm. Notices Moxxie More surprised that he is joining this effort.

Amu: Who?

Joe points at Moxxie.

Amu: Moxxie? Why is that a surprise?

Joe: Call it a hunch.

Amu: Well, when he isn't being judged very harshly by those he loves, he reaches heights even we didn't know he could do.

Joe then rolled his eyes.

Joe: Well, you should know that Lin got some dinner ready. Seems that hellhound of yours has some strength for hunting. He then takes his leave

Amu had called Lupin and Moxxie in to call it a day. Dusk had finally come to wrath and everyone was sitting on the outside table. Large enough for both Millie's family and IMP, many were enjoying their meal but Lupin was eating alone from the table.

He sat upon a lonely lump of a log, facing where he and Moxxie were training, trying to figure out why he was feeling so difficult to move and breathe. His pace of eating was slow, one moment he would eat, the next he would think for a full minute, and then eat again. He did it like clockwork.

???: Hey hellhound!

Lupin had nearly jumped from the log from the sudden annunciation from behind. He had turned to see it was one of Millie's siblings, Sally May. During the time he was there, Sally May had been teasing him and Moxxie verbal wise. "Hey, putting on a pet on which one falls" she said once, making Lupin lose focus and get hit by the pads. "Maybe if you knock him out, you might get noticed by Pa." She said to Moxxie another time, making him lose focus and get knocked out by Lupin. Her tease was stopped when Joe and Lin gave her a talk on leaving them alone.

Lupin: Sally May.

Sally: Arséne, whatcha doing out here? Too good enough for you?

Lupin: ...Just thinking.

Sally: About what?

Lupin: Why im so slow all of sudden, for one. The other is wondering on the BBQ sauce that your mother makes,

Sally: Its more of Pa's really.

Lin: I heard that young lady, you know I made that sauce.

Sally had rolled her eyes as Lupin turned around to hear Lin's voice roar from hearing about her BBQ sauce. Lupin began to finish up eating and stood up.

Sally: Maybe you should give up on this fighting then, even if you can get back in that tip top shape you had before, you may not survive in round one.

Lupin: ...Then I have to train harder.