A Favor For A Favor (Chapter 8)

September 5th 20XX

It had been a few days since the tournament, Lupin was getting much of a fan base after that, though too much for him as he wanted. Luckily, he knows how to change looks in need of some peace time. Though, his preferred location of peace time would be doing a treasure hunt in the Wrath ring. He then goes back to recall his memories, during his day of training at the ranch.

After dealing with the bounty hunters, Lupin's training was light but still taxing. Amu and Moxxie were watching over Lupin doing breathing exercises as he stretches out. Amu and Moxxie then turn around when they hear footsteps approaching them. They then see a demoness wearing an outfit that belongs to a Victorian era.

Rosie: Hello again, Mr. Lupin.

Amu: Overlord Rosie, didn't think you would be down here.

Moxxie was much in fear of seeing an Overlord, but he did his best to hold his ground.

Rosie: I had heard that you had visitors of an unfriendly variety, and was curious as to how you were holding up when they visited.

Amu: smirks for a moment. Well, as you can see, we're holding up nicely. And do understand that we are focusing much on training, so forgive in asking this way... Why are you here, Overlord Rosie?

Rosie didn't say anything, nor make any expression that would change the atmosphere. The next thing she did was to look at Lupin who went into a planking position and holding.

Rosie: My business is with him.

Rosie then walks towards Lupin, Amu goes in to intercept Rosie's path but Lupin grunts loudly at Amu. Lupin was able to hold focus in the training but was able to be involved in the conversation. Rosie continued towards Lupin and then she sat on his back as he held his pose.

Rosie: There is a treasure among this ring, something that had interested me.

Lupin: Where?

Rosie: ...Can't tell, the treasure belongs to an imp that fought in World War 2. Went by "Scavenger mortuorum".

Amu: Ripper Scavenger mortuorum?

Rosie: Correct, know him?

Amu: ...an imp belonging to a greed ring, but was much fascinated with human items.

Moxxie then ponders upon this.

Rosie: Yes, and from many who fought in the war, he had very large some hidden away in this ring. But, before anyone could get their hands on him, he died. Taking his secrets with him to the void.

Moxxie: I've heard of him dying, said he was killed by an angelic weapon. Never figured out who did it.

Rosie: Yes and the only clue left behind was a saying. "As below, so above."

Moxxie and Amu looked at each other in confusion to the clue, but Lupin was focused on the subject just as he was training.

Lupin: Busy. Have to wait.

Rosie: Oh, no worries. I can wait till you finish up with your fight.

Lupin: Reward?

Rosie: ...Thinks. What is it you want?

Lupin: Favor.

His recalled memory was then stopped when he heard footsteps approaching from behind.

Moxxie: Arséne, are you sure you want to do this? It's a lot of land to cover and a few clues to go on this Ripper character.

Lupin: looks towards Moxxie. Only know of his death?

Moxxie: The man died over 80 years ago, how are you picking up a trail that's been ice cold and forgotten.