Your Not A Monster (Brett Talbot)

"Is it just me or did those two look like they were ready to tear each other's clothes off?" Mason asked.

"Who?" Liam asked in return, putting on his shirt.

"Brett and Y/N."

"Ahhh...I never really noticed."

"I mean I could feel the sexual tension vibrating in the air whenever they're around."

Liam shrugged. "I don't know man. I think they've hated each other since the day they met."

Mason nodded and said, "Intense."

***

"Scott?" You called out from the doorway of the boy's locker room. You had been looking for him since the bonfire started. You were worried that something might have happened, especially with the dead pool still circulating.

"Scott's not here." A deep voice answered from behind and you almost screamed from shock.

"Don't do that," You chided and lightly punched his shoulder.

Brett chuckled in amusement.

"Have you seen him?"

"No."

"Thanks." You flashed him a tight smile and sidestepped attempting to leave.

"Hey Y/N?" His voice stopped you in your tracks.

"What?" You turned around and asked, trying to keep the annoyance out of your voice.

"Why do you hate me?"

You tilted your head to side and crossed your arms. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't play dumb. You ignore me all the time and practically leave the room the moment I arrive."

You tilted your head to the side and contemplated about what he said for a moment. He was right, although you did all those things for an entire different reason. You sighed and said, "I don't hate you. It's just that-"

The sound of a door banging cut you off and three police officers then entered the premises heading straight towards you. Your brows furrowed in confusion.

Brett noticing your puzzled expression looked at them, who were now only a few feet away. "Can we help you?"

Instead of answering, the three men revealed stun batons and without any warning attacked the werewolf.

"Brett!" You screamed as you watched him crash on the floor, body still shaking from the blow.

"Your turn sweetie," one of them said. He raised his baton but it was suddenly yanked out of his reach.

"What the? What are you?" He asked in surprise and slowly backed away.

"Your worst nightmare." You glared at him and then you snapped.

The lights went out and glass shattered around you. Like ragdolls, they were thrown across the hall by some invisible force.

All you saw was red as you let rage engulf every fiber of your being. Electricity coursed through your veins leaving a tingling sensation as power flowed in and out of you. It felt so good to just let go all of the pent up energy inside and be free of it. You had never felt so alive.

You took several steps forward as two of them recovered and stood. Before they could even aim their weapons, you flicked your wrist. They were again thrown to the side, their bodies hitting the metal lockers, knocking them out unconscious.

You smirked as you stood in front of their leader. You didn't hear any of your friends calling your name telling you to stop. Your mind was solely focused on the man kneeling in front of you clutching his head and screaming in agony as an aneurysmal headache took over all of his senses. Blood started to ooze out from his eyes and ears, and he finally collapsed to the ground.

Someone gripped your arm and you turned to face him.

"That's enough!" Scott yelled. His eyes glowed red in warning. His voice brought you down from your power-induced high and you looked at the man on the floor. Logic slowly came back to you. Your eyes widened in shock and you covered your mouth in horror.

You felt someone else grab you and dragged you away from the body on the ground.

"Go," Scott said to Brett. "We'll take care of this."

Brett nodded and together, the two of you walked out of the school and got in his car.

The entire drive home was filled with silence. Neither of you dare say a word afraid to upset the other. He parked in front of your house and cut off the engine.

Looking straight ahead, you said with your voice wavering, "I killed a man." Tears pooled in your eyes and your breaths came out in shallow gasps as your mind replayed what happened. A panic attack was bubbling under the surface. "I'm a monster."

Brett sensing your impending outburst took your hands in his and said, "You're not a monster, Y/N. You didn't kill anyone. You didn't kill him."

"How do you know?" You asked.

"I just do. Listen to me, it's going to be okay." He embraced your shaking figure and held you whispering comforting things in your ear.

Once you've calmed down, you pulled back and composed yourself. You wiped any stray tears and mumbled your apologies.

"I know you're not a werewolf," Brett said, "But Satomi taught us something to help stay in control. There's a Buddhist mantra that we use. Three things cannot long be hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Say it with me."

You glanced at your interlocked fingers before staring in his blue eyes. You repeated the words out loud at first then again in your head until it felt natural. And you smiled