Halloween horror Nights (Theo Raeken)

"You know I get scared easily," you whine as your boyfriend grins his shit eating smile, looking way too pleased with himself.

"You know actual werewolves," Theo states, smile all teeth, "and you've faced ghost riders."

"It's not the same," you protest. "And i was plenty scared with the ghost riders, I just didn't have time to freak out. And those werewolves aren't scary they're my friends. Universal is a whole other thing. No thank you. I don't need people chasing me around with chainsaws."

"But I'll be there," he says wrapping his arm around you and pulling you into him, chin resting on the top of your head.

"Yeah no," you reiterate, "why don't you take your boyfriend," you say referring to Liam. He was usually down for whatever dumbass idea Theo and him both got up to now that Lydia wasn't here to send them both scathing looks.

"I want to go with you."

"Liam's in detention again?"

Theo laughs, which tells you you're right. "Yeah, something about running out of class early."

"Because of Nolan right?"

"I think so," Theo says, "I was busy trying not to be bored as I retake all my classes."

"Sucks."

"So you'll come," he says looking down at you, curled up into his side on the couch.

And he's right. How bad could it be when you've seen the real thing? You've faced actual terrifying werewolves with the alpha pack and now Deucalion was a friend and ally, helping out while Scott was in college. Not to mention the godawful ghost riders last year and the witches in the summer who hated the druids and therefore the pack emissary, Deaton, but since then everyone had chilled and got along more or less.

It couldn't be that bad.

Right?

And Theo rarely asked for anything, keeping quiet during pack nights and trying to stay out of the way unless someone asked him something, perpetually making up for what he'd done. You'd long since forgiven him, and you knew he'd changed. The old Theo would have left Mason and you for dead down in the tunnels, would've-it doesn't matter.

He's changed for the better but wounds take time to heal and Malia and Stiles will take a long time before they see him as anything but a threat.

Taking a deep breathe you finally answer him, "okay. I might spend the entire time hiding behind you but okay."

Theo chuckles before leaning down and pressing a kiss to your lips, tasting sweet like the last cherries of the summer you've both been snacking on.

*

"You look terrified," Theo sniggers, looking back at you, looking adorable even as he laughs at you. Your hand holding his like a lifeline, as you both walk through your first maze of the night after waiting for about forty minutes that only served to make you more nervous, stomach queasy, anxious.

You smack his shoulder with your free hand, "don't you complete asshole. Your supposed to be like really nice after dragging me here."

"Is that right," he says with a smirk, "then you should go first. Ladies first after all."

You roll your eyes at him as he leads on through the maze, scary tales deadly ever after which you assumed was supposed to be a terrifying play on fairy tales. Which it was, making you jump as people in costume jumped out at you.

It wasn't fair that Theo couldn't really get scared. He could probably hear or smell everyone as they came up to you all, his senses more practiced than Liam's or Scott's, more like Lori who never got overwhelmed as far as you could tell.