You Maniac (THIAM)

"This is stupid. I clearly shouldn't be here." Theo thought, sticking to the wall in a failed effort to merge into the wallpaper. Someone stepped on his toes as he tried to leave his spot to find Liam, he couldn't help but curse the drunk guy passing by.

In a desperate attempt to find the young werewolf, he took a deep breath, trying to catch Liam's scent. Which, of course, was another stupid idea considering that's his house and it's supposed to smell like him. Also, it's a party with every living teenager in Beacon Hills; there are puke and arousal everywhere, not a great fragrance.

"Stupid idea." This time the thought managed to slip between Theo's lips in a barely audible tone. He made his way into the crowded living room following Liam's voice, which he recognized despite the noisy party, even though the content of the conversation were indistinguishable.

As he walked closer, sentences started making sense. "Why would you invite him?" Mason said. Theo took a few steps closer, listening carefully and hoping he wasn't the subject of the chat. "Are you and Theo dating?" The notes of disgust in the human's voice made the chimera sigh. He is the topic.

You see, this is strange, but they are, in fact, dating. "What? Theo and I? Of course not! If we still got Kira's sword, he'd be with the Skinwalkers in no time." the slips in Liam's heartbeat were audible to his boyfriend's ear, but it still hurt like hell.

Liam, unaware of Theo's presence, continued. "I mean, he's just so desperate and lonely, and I don't know why he thinks we are friends, but he does, so it just felt right to invite him."

Tara's heart sank to the bottom of Theo's chest. It's just torture to keep listening to this, so he ran to get out of the house. With tensed jaw, he chewed one last thought in his way to the truck across the street. "Stupid idea."

The drive home wasn't the nicest. It was quiet except for his boyfriend's voice bombarding his mind, over and over again. Each time hurt more than the other.

When the boys started dating, Theo knew they would've to keep it secret; but they've been together for seven months now, and he was hoping to change things soon.

He felt betrayed. One thing was denying their relationship, but to hear Liam talk like that, it destroyed him. Theo knows it's complicated. At this point, he has tried to kill or manipulate every pack member. But he's been trying to redeem himself for over a year now.

And for what? Just to be sent back to that hell hole by his boyfriend? He's lost count on how many nights Liam has laid by his side, trying to calm him down after a nightmare. The one person he trusted this secret held it against him. It made Theo weak.

He went home, trying to escape. And as he set foot in the apartment, he immediately regretted it. Liam's scent was everywhere. Theo fought the urge to burn the whole building down, just because he wasn't into living in the truck again.

A buzzing sound came from his pocket. A text from Liam. "You not coming?" Theo stared at the screen until it went black before answering.

He typed and re-typed that no, he wasn't coming, for what felt like an hour before the words started losing meaning. Eventually, he gave up, putting the phone down. Liam will figure it out anyway.

Theo's bedroom was a giant mess. There were clothes everywhere, reminding him of the three hours he'd spent grooming for Liam's dumb party. All that effort to look nice for a six-minute walk into a crowded, noisy, puke-smelling room, to shatter his wicked heart and get back home. Neat.

His body dove into the mattress, making the covers lightly jump. A well-know scent stroke his nose with no pudor, reminding him that last night they were naked and tangled between these sheets. Less than 24 hours ago, Liam had whispered and shouted his love countless times. Now it was just hard to believe.