Chapter 14 : Jackass

We'd arrived at the arcade not too far away from Harry's flat. It was a sort of secret place. One of those that you have to hear about to know it's there. It meant that it wasn't as busy as a lot of the other arcades across London. There was a small number of other people in there when we arrived, at least we could pretty much get on any game without waiting.

"I've never been here before. Simon told me about it ages ago," Talia spoke. The boys had left us briefly to go get some change out of the coin machines leaving me and Talia waiting by our first choice of game...dance dance revolution. The best one to bless the arcade scene and obviously Talia and I were pros.

"He was the one that showed me it. He brought me here when I came to visit him once." I got closer to her so that our conversation couldn't be overheard, "are you and Simon good now?"

"Yeh, he pretty much just said he's been struggling with Youtube shit and let it get to him too much."

All I could do was nod and smile as Simon and Harry had started to come back over to us, Harry holding two pots of mixed coins (pound coins for the games, 2ps for the slot machine things) grinning like a little child. Simon had the same amount of coins but his face was a little less excited but still smiling.

"What's first then guys?" Simon asked, oblivious to the fact we were literally stood on the dance machine waiting.

Talia threw her arms about, specifically aiming them at the floor below us, "what do you think Si?"

"Huh? I do wonder. Maybe some sort of fun dance game?" I said sarcastically, looking around as if I was trying to look for what I had previously described. My actions make Harry start laughing as he clocked on.

"Simon are you that oblivious?" Talia cooed at him. Simon just stood slightly confused until he finally understand.

"Ahh well you could've been more helpful," he gave Talia and I the pot of coins he was holding. We both grabbed one with a 'thank you' and put them in the game. Whilst we we dancing our hearts out, the boys decided to play a different game across the other side of the arcade.

"So you and Harry earlier seemed to be having fun. I think that was the most I've heard him laugh in a while E," Talia spoke between breaths whilst we played. This might be the only chance we have to talk alone for the rest of the day so she was obviously making the most out of it.

"We were just watching football. I had to stay to make sure you were okay."

"But if you were only there for me, you could've easily have gone for a walk or something and meet me afterwards but instead you chose to chill with him."

"That is a good point. I'm not smart enough to think of that." The song was almost coming to the end which meant our conversation needed to be wrapped up as the boys would sure enough be heading over soon.

"Don't lie to me, I know you enjoyed E."

"Enjoyed what?" Harry came up behind us and prodded my hips slightly to make me jump.

"Jackass," I slapped my hand about in the direction I thought he would be, my eyes still concentrated on the game in front of me. "We were just reminiscing about stuff from awhile ago," I lied.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Simon tapping his foot against the back arrow of Talia's dance area. Whether he thought he was helping her win or lose, I have no clue.

The game ended shortly after, showing that I had won. Harry in response to the scores came and put his hands up asking for high fives to celebrate.

"Can we do that strength test thing? You know the one with the hammer?" Harry questioned. From our previous high five position, he was still sort of holding my hands in front of us. Maybe subconsciously or maybe he had noticed. Either way I didn't mind which was new.

"Come on bog," Simon laughed and walked on in front with Harry leading the way to where he wanted to go. Talia looked at me and wiggled her eyebrows slightly. I guess she saw mine and Harry's little moment.

After a few more games of different sorts, Talia seemed to take Simon away to do some she wanted to do which made Harry decide to drag me over to the 2p machines.

He stood putting as many in at once as he could, intensely watching the shelf at the back to try and get a prize. The prize in question being a small toy car.

"Today's been the best day I've had for a while Estella," Harry spoke, not even taking his eyes away from his game at hand.

"That's good. I'm glad," I glanced at him and studied his face for a little bit until I noticed what he said making me laugh loud. He turned to me confused for a second before turning back. "What is your thing with calling me Estella? My name doesn't have an 'a' on the end."

He joined in laughing slightly, drawing his attention away from the 2p's. "I don't know, it just sounds nicer?" He almost questioned his own reasoning behind mispronouncing my name.

"Oh so my name doesn't sound nice how it's legally written?" I scoffed, pretending to be offended. A small smile still playing on my lips.

"Nah nah you know I didn't mean it like that," Harry starting laughing louder than before. Maybe because he found it oddly funny or simply a form of embarrassment?

"Well that's certainly what it sounded like you meant."

"Oh nelly," he lent onto the 2p glass and put his hands onto his face. I could see his smile at the sides of his face that his hands couldn't cover. It reminded me slightly of the first time we went out and he did the same thing.

Maybe I wasn't ready to admit it yet to anybody but I think there may some feelings for Harry developing