Chapter 23 : The lad does nothing

It was 8:13am when my phone started ringing, waking me up. I squinted at the bright phone light although it did nothing to help me to read it. I decided to it answer it anyway.

"Hello who is it?"

"What do you mean who is it?" The voice spoke.

"I mean I've just been woken up and couldn't see who was ringing,"

"It's Simone,"

"Right hello Simon what do you want?"

"Come to Nando's at 11,"

"Why?"

"Because," I could hear Jj laughing in the background.

"Are you still in bed with you're boyfriend?"

"Fuck off," Simon hung up straight after which made me chuckle.

I figured since Simon had very kindly woken me up that I could do with getting out of bed and getting ready. I huffed, threw the covers off and trudged out the room. As soon as I reached the top of the stars, Cleo came running to the bottom.

"Hey baby! Did you sleep well in your new bed?" I cooed at her as I went down to her. She wagged her tail and jumped up to me as soon as I got next to her.

"We've been for a walk this morning haven't we?" Reece lifted a cup up at me and put it down on the coffee table signalling it was mine.

"Aw have you?" I patted her head and took her over to the sofa with me. "Was she alright?" I asked Reece.

"She just wanted to explore. It's a new area for her ain't it," he started typing on his laptop basically meaning he was done with the conversation.

Once I finished my tea and had a little bit of breakfast, I had a shower and started getting ready. I dug through the wardrobe looking for something to wear. Half of the stuff in there was stuff that was yet to be throw out. When we moved, all of the clothes were just taken with us because we plain up just couldn't be bothered to sort them. I ended up picking out a floral skirt and a white shirt. I matched a beige colour cardigan since it was autumn time but not far enough in to autumn for a coat. As I sat down to start putting some makeup on, I saw Simon had messaged me.

(NEW MESSAGE)

Simon
If you see Harry, lie to him about where you're going. I'll explain later x

Me
Huh?

He wants me to lie if I see Harry? Why would he? It's either he's got something bad or good to tell me.

It reached 10:50am which meant there was 10 minutes before we meet. It left enough time to walk. I said goodbye to Reece and left the flat. I had a quick look around to make sure Harry wasn't around and went to call for the lift. It didn't take long for it to arrive since it was only a few floors down. It pinged and opened, unfortunately revealing Harry and Chip.

"Stell! How are you?" Harry smiled as he stepped out and hugged me tightly.

"I'm good, how are you?" I hugged back a little less enthusiastically but I don't think it was possible to hug someone like he just did. I greeted Chip over Harry's shoulder so I didn't seem rude.

"I'm great!" He pulled back and looked at my outfit. "Are you going somewhere? You look-erm-very nice."

"Yeh I'm going to meet one of my brothers for lunch," I only lied slightly. Harry doesn't know how many brothers I have. Hell he didn't even know Simon and I were step siblings until we moved opposite the boys.

"Enjoy it. I'll talk to you later," both him and Chip smiled at me. They then went past me and towards Harry's place.

Somehow I was the first one at Nando's. Simon had told me that he had reserved a table and so to ask for 'Simon Minter's' table. The waitress took me over and pointed at a long table. A long table that had more seats than Simon and I needed. I chose to sit at one of the middle seats that faced towards the main entrance so I could see whoever was joining us enter.

Almost 5 minutes later Simon, Jj, Josh and the girls came in.

"Simon am I missing something here?" I questioned as they took their seats around me.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I didn't know these were coming," I waved my hands around at the people sat with us.

"Yeh well we need a secret meeting soo," the others and I looked at him confused.

"Bro a secret mee-" Jj was interrupted when Simon spotted some more of our friends.

"Boys!" Simon shouted alerting the boys where we were. The remaining group joined us - Ethan, Tobi, Vik, Cal and Cal.

"What's all this about then lad?" Ethan sat down in the spare seat next to me meaning I was sandwiched between him and Jj. The perfect pair.

"So, as you all know it's Harry's birthday in less than a month," he began.

"So we were thinking about a surprise trip away," Josh continued. The group started making 'ooo' noises and having little excited chats.

"So all we want you guys to know is pack for heat, be ready for the 21st November and that we'll be back on the 26th," Simon explained. Presumably he wanted us to know as little as possible just in case anyone spilled the beans on what was being discussed.

"How are you planning on making sure he's free?" Freya pointed out.

"The lad does nothing. He's going to be free," Freezy laughed making Lux join him.

"Well the plan is is that we 'plan things' with him," Josh did air quotes to show he meant lie to him.

"We can tell him we're doing a two day sidemen shoot," Vik suggested.

"Cook off round 2. Lux v Boggo rematch," Freezy added.

"I'll ask him if he wants to go zoo or something," my game plan made Ethan nudge me discreetly. It made me realise that Harry may take that as a date. Unfortunately, it's a cover story.

"We'll say we're doing something on his birthday so that's every day covered I think," Tobi ended our calendar planning for Harry.

"Right now Joshua I'll leave it to you to sort the rest," Simon picked his menu up and began studying it.

"And you're paying me to do this?" Josh chuckled.

"Sure. You'll get it after the holiday as long as everyone gives it 5 stars."

(Hello, I'm getting behind in writing these and it's annoying me. I promise I will be getting chapters out when I can it's just taking me time to actually do them. Anyway, thanks for the love, support, votes, comments and reads. I appreciate every single one of you <3)