𝐈.𝐈𝐈

ALCOHOLIC

"So, this Dr Banner was trying to replicate the serum they used on me?" Steve questioned curiously. He was looking through Bruce Banner's file.

"A lot of people were." Answered Agent Coulson as he stood beside Darla, who had a half empty bottle of Jack Daniels in her hands. Over the short flight she had gone through four bottles, which greatly concerned everyone aboard, but nobody decided to question her decisions or pick her up on it. "You were the worlds first superhero. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula."

"Didn't really go his way, did it?" Steve muttered as he watched Bruce turn into the hulk.

"Not so much." Coulson muttered. "When he's not that thing, though, the guys like a Stephen Hawking." Steve looked up to the man with furrowed brows. "He's like a smart person."

Darla took another swig from the bottle, earning a concerned look from the boys. Coulson knew why she drank, but the amount she was drinking for her body weight was concerning.

"I gotta say, it's an honour to meet you officially. I've sort of met you." Coulson looked directly at Steve. "I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping."

"Oh and there it is." Muttered Darla through a chuckle. Those were the first words she had said the whole flight, which didn't go unnoticed by anyone aboard.

"I mean, I was present while you were unconscious from the ice." Coulson continued to dig himself a deeper hole. Steve stood up and went to stand beside Darla, who had since moved away from Agent Coulson. "You know, it's really just a huge honour to have you on board this-"

"I hope I'm the man for the job." Steve mumbled as he looked down to Darla. The girl was considerably smaller than him, but he knew better than to underestimate someone for their height.

"Oh, you are. Absolutely. We made some modifications to the uniform. I had a little design input." Coulson smiled proudly.

"The uniform?" Steve furrowed his brows as Darla started laughing. "Aren't the stars and stripes a little old-fashioned?"

"With everything that's happening, and the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old-fashioned." Coulson shrugged honestly.

"Plus, I heard the suits look great for your ass." Whispered Darla tapping the mans chest. Steve cleared his throat, slightly taken back by the comment. Darla smirked once she saw how flustered the man was.

~

"Agent Romanoff, Captain Rogers, Darla Dyers." Coulson introduced the three to one another.

Natasha looked towards Darla, who was basically leaning against Coulson for support. She was only young, maybe in her late teens early twenty's. She had an innocent look about her and it for some reason made Natasha feel guilty about dragging her into all of this. Not that she wouldn't be here without a reason.

"Ma'am." Steve nodded with a polite smile.

"Hi. They need you on the bridge." Natasha said looking towards Coulson. "They're starting the face-trace."

"See you there." Coulson said as he peeled away from Darla and pasted her onto Steve. The man looked towards Darla with furrowed brows. He didn't know where to put his hands to keep the girl steady and upright.

"It was quite the buzz around her, finding you in the ice. I thought Coulson was gonna swoon. Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?" Natasha questioned as she grabbed some water and handed it to Darla. "Drink up."

Darla shook her head, she knew better than to sober up. If she did, they'd all come back.

"Trading cards?" Steve questioned, his hand finding its way to Darla's waist and pulling her closer to him. Darla let out a small giggle and almost stumbled over her own feet.

"They're vintage. He's very proud." Natasha smirked teasingly. Coulson always went on about his Captain America trading cards. It was enough to make the girl go mad.

"Dr Banner." Steve said as he noticed the visibly anxious man looking around. He clearly didn't want to be here.

"Yeah. Hi. They told me you would be coming." Bruce said as he shook Steve's hand. His eyes flickered towards a very drunk looking Darla.

"Word is you can find the cube." Steve smiled gratefully.

"Is that the only word on me?" Bruce asked as he fiddled with his hands. He knew there would be a lot of talk about the Hulk. He could imagine that people were nervous to have in aboard.

Darla let out a small chuckle.

"No." She answered honestly. "You turn into a big green rage monster." Bruce looked down at the floor anxiously. "It's awesome." She paused. "Rawr." She playfully roared at the man, letting out a small giggle.

The blonde girl had heard a lot about Bruce and she couldn't help but be interested by the Hulk.

"Only word I care about." Steve said honestly as he tried his hardest to contain his smile. The girl was seemingly so innocent.

"It must be strange for you, all of this." Bruce uttered as he motioned around to all the different kinds of planes and jets.

"Well, this is actually kind of familiar." Steve answered with a shrug. He was used to all of the different kind of fighter planes and people in uniforms.

"Gentlemen, Darla, you might want to step inside a minute. It's going to get a little hard to breathe." As if on queue everyone began to rush to their stations or inside.

"Flight crew, secure the deck." An agents voice came over the speakers.

"Is this a submarine?" Steve questioned curiously as he leant down to Natasha.

"Really? They want me in a submerged, pressurized, metal container?" Bruce walked closer to the edge.

Darla chuckled and shook her head,

"Oh no. No, no, this is an aircraft." She said in a whisper, almost as if it was a huge secret.

"Let's get you inside." Steve said as he looked towards Bruce and Natasha for support. Natasha nodded and wrapped her arm around the younger girl.

Darla grabbed the water from Bruce's hand and decided to down it. She needed to be at least a little bit sober before meeting Fury and the others.