𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗

CLOTHES

Over the past few days, Tony had tried to talk to Darla about her situation and how he would be able to help.

He explained to her that Steve was the key to keeping her calm, that he was able to hold her and not feel any sort of shock after she had calmed down, unlike the others.

Tony had explained to the girl that she and Steve shared a connection so deep that her shocks barely had any effect on him.

Darla came running around the corner of the hallway with a giggle. It was the happiest she had been in days, her and Natasha had just gone shopping and spent some quality time together.

"D. Shhh." Natasha came around the corner as well, making Steve furrow his brows. "You can't tell them, least of all Steve."

"I think you just did." Darla whispered as she looked up to the blonde man. "Hey, Cap." Darla mockingly saluted and tried to hide the bags behind her back.

"You can't tell Steve what?" Steve questioned as he looked between the girls.

"Quick, you kiss him, I'll take them." Natasha tried to take the bags from Darla.

"Shut up." Darla chuckled. She pursed her lips and tried to hide her smile. "We went shopping."

"But?" Steve raised his brows, not fully believing the girls.

"But all the things were for free. Would you believe that, Steven?" Darla pretended to be shocked.

"You stole them?" Steve concluded. His eyes flickered between the two girls. "You know that's wrong right?"

"Oh come on, let us live a little." Darla handed the bags to Natasha. "Will you take them to my room?" Natasha nodded and left the two alone.

"What are you doing, Darla?" He questioned crossing his arms as the girl walked towards him. She tilted her head back to look up at the man.

"I don't like when you call me that." She whispered, she had gotten so used to him calling her 'baby' that her own name sounded strange coming from his mouth. "We just wanted some fun."

"Tony would have paid for everything you wanted." Steve's blue eyes met her soft green ones.

"I know but again, where's the fun in that." Darla reached her hand up to place it on Steve's bicep. She was hesitant a first but she trusted Tony and what he had said.

Steve braced himself for the shock, only to be surprised when he didn't receive one. His brows furrowed and his lips parted.

"Tony noticed something the other day." She whispered softly. "When I'm comfortable and at ease with where I am, I can touch you, you don't get shocked, unlike the others."

"Why?" He questioned.

"Tony said something about a deep connection between us." She shrugged.

Not even seconds later she was lifted up off the ground and pulled into Steve's arms. She let out a small squeal in shock and clung onto him so tightly. His strong arms wrapped around her waist as he span her around.

He was so happy that she didn't have to distance herself from him anymore. He was happy that she trusted him and felt safe with him.

He slowly lowered the girl down, his hands still resting on her waist and hers on his shoulders. His eyes flickered down to her lips, longing for them to be on his once again.

Tony cleared his throat, making the pair jump apart.

"Hope I'm not interrupting." He smirked.

Darla shot Tony a glare as Steve had a light blush on his cheeks. Steve awkwardly scratched the back of his neck before signalling that he was going to go.

"Why did you have to do that?" Darla questioned with a pout.

"Walk with me, kid." Tony motioned for the girl to follow him. "I've been doing further research into Mateo." He paused waiting for her reaction, but she kept a straight face. "The men who experimented on him, they worked for HYDRA."

"Oh." She whispered.

"They put him under a lot of different tests. Electrotherapy, water therapy, they wanted to see how long his powers could last under great strain, so they shot bullets at him, threw knives-"

"That's enough." Darla held her hand up. "I don't want to know anymore thank you." She let out a shaky breath.

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" Tony questioned, placing his hand on her shoulder, only to be shocked.

"I'm sorry, I think I'm just going to go to my room." Darla whispered as she span on her heel and headed back to her room.

She slammed her fists into the wall, creating the lights to flicker. She didn't understand how people could be so cruel to someone who only ever wanted to help others.

Darla let out a pained scream as she threw all of her belongings off her desk and onto the floor.

She knew the others would know that something was wrong with her due to all the bulbs flickering on and off. But she didn't care at that moment in time.

She went to slammed her fists into the wall once again, but they were caught by none other than Steve.

"Hey, baby, let's not do that." He whispered soothingly. His eyes flickered down to her tear stained cheeks and red eyes. She was distraught, whatever Tony had told her had clearly upset her.

Steve received a small shock from the girl but didn't say anything, he just pulled her into his chest and slid down to the floor. He began to hum in the girls ear and allowed her to rest her head on his chest. His fingers raked through her hair soothingly.

Darla let out a shaky breath as she closed her eyes and relaxed into Steve. She nuzzled her head into the crook of his neck and allowed herself to be held by the man.

"You're okay." He whispered placing a soft kiss on her forehead. "I've got you."