𝐈𝐕.𝐈𝐗

VIENNA

Darla sat at her seat beside Natasha as they watched T'Chaka speak.

"When stolen Wankanda vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wankanda, were forced to question our legacy. Those men and woman killed in Nigeria were oath of a good will mission from a country too long in the shadows. We will not, however, let misfortune drive us back."

Darla grabbed Natasha's hand anxiously. It was only them two there. The others had stayed back at the headquarters. Natasha looked over to her best friend and tried to offer her a reassuring smile.

"We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative." T'Chaka continued.

Darla brought her hand up to her head in pain. Something was wrong. The voices were all talking at once. Each saying different things. She tried her hardest to focus, but as she did, T'Challa shouted,

"Everybody get down!" He ran over to his father as the blast went off.

Natasha grabbed Darla and pulled her into her chest under the desk. The girl was in hysterics.

Darla rocked back and forth as her ears rung. Natasha kept trying to say something to the girl, but she couldn't hear a word.

'T'Chaka is dead. They're dead.'

The voices were taunting Darla. She hated it. Natasha pulled out a flask filled with Vodka and handed it to the girl. Darla took it without any hesitation and downed the contents. She hadn't needed alcohol in so long, the voices had become manageable until now.

"We need to get out of here." Natasha said as she helped the blonde stand up and leave the building.

Darla was getting medical attention whilst Natasha went to talk to T'Challa. Darla hissed every time a paramedic attempted to clean her wounds. She hadn't said a word. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motions. It didn't feel real.

The blonde hit away the medics hand and walked away. She needed some space to allow the event sink in.

She walked down the streets, her hand running through her hair. She grimaced once she saw the blood coating her fingers.

A large hand wrapped around her bicep and pulled her into his chest. Darla didn't even panic, she could tell it was Steve from the way he held her.

His hand cupped the back of her head and one arm wrapped around her waist. He was so scared that she was dead once he saw the bombing on the news. Darla clung to the man's shirt and allowed herself to feel safe in his arms.

"You're okay." Steve whispered thankfully. "You're okay."

Darla pulled away from the man and looked up to him. Her mouth opened to say something, anything but nothing was coming out. She just allowed a few tears to roll down her cheeks, which Steve quickly wiped away.

"B-Bucky." She stuttered.

"I know, baby. I know." Steve placed a longing kiss on her forehead. "Come on, Sam is in that little café." He guided her towards the small café.

Darla noticed the familiar man sat at table, eating some cake. He opened his arms for Darla, allowing her to bury her head in his chest.

It had been a long time since the girl was able to hug him properly. Before he started training for the Avengers, she wasn't able to touch anyone without shocking them. Now, she was able to.

"She tell you to stay out of it?" Sam questioned, his hand rubbing up and down Darla's back soothingly. "Might have a point."

Before Steve had found Darla, he was on the phone to Natasha. She had told him to stay at home, but in return he had told her that he should bring Bucky in as he was the one who wouldn't die trying.

"He'd do it for me." Steve responded, his eyes flickering down to Darla, who had just pulled away from Sam and latched herself back onto Steve's arm.

"1945 maybe. I just want to make sure we consider all our options. The people that shoot at you usually wind up shooting at us." Sam motioned to him and Darla.

Darla pulled out her phone once hearing the familiar beep. She read the text from Mateo, asking if she was okay. The blonde replied and said that she was okay.

"Tips have been pouring in since that footage went public." Sharon said as she walked in. Darla let go of Steve's hand and stepped away. Sharon was known to Darla as Kate or Agent 13. "Everybody thinks the Winter Soldier goes to their gym. Most of its noise. Except for this." She slid a file over to Steve. "My boss expects a briefing, pretty much now, so that's all the head start you're gonna get."

"Thank you." Steve smiled, but he didn't look at the woman.

"You're gonna have to hurry." Sharon whispered. "We have orders to shoot on sight." She announced before walking away.

Darla turned to face Steve, she cupped his cheek and turned his head so that he would look at her.

"I'm with you." She smiled towards the man. "We save Bucky." A playful smile appeared on her face. "Again."