𝐈𝐈.𝐕

PERSONAL

Steve lead Darla towards an elevator and looked out to the city. He held onto the railing and let out a deep breath.

"Operations control." Steve spoke.

"Confirmed." The computer chimed back and the doors began to close, but not before Rumlow stopped the door from fully closing.

"Keep all STRIKE personnel on site. Understood?" Rumlow said towards his guard.

"Yes sir."

Steve hadn't even bothered to turn around and face the two men that were now in the elevator. Instead he pulled Darla closer to him, not trusting them at all.

"Forensics." Rumlow instructed the elevator. "Cap. Darla."

"Rumlow." Steve nodded in the mans direction, finally turning to face him.

The ride was silent until Rumlow spoke up,

"Evidence response found some fibres in the roof they want us to see. You want me to get the tac team ready?"

"No, let's wait and see what it is first." Steve shook his head. His arm snaking around Darla's waist and pulling her closer to him.

"Right." Rumlow nodded, his eyes flickering up and down the girl. A smirk playing on his face as his eyes landed on the girls cleavage. Steve's jaw tightened as did his grip on the girls waist. Darla tapped the boys hand lightly, showing that she was okay.

Darla furrowed her brows once she saw the guard's hand hovering over his gun. She nudged Steve and nodded over to the man. The elevator stopped and more men came in, making the elevator much more crowded. Steve pulled both him and Darla into the centre of the elevator.

"I'm sorry about what happened with Fury." Rumlow apologised. "It's messed up what happened to him."

"Thank you." Steve nodded and looked around at all the men. He noticed a thin layer of sweat dripping from one mans head. He leant down and whispered into Darla's ear, "Are you ready for this?"

Darla nodded as the elevator door opened once more and three more guards walked in. Steve looked around and noticed that they were both completely surrounded.

"Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?" Steve questioned as Darla gripped her gun.

She squinted in pain as all the voices came rushing back. Telling her exactly what move the men were going to make.

She grabbed the man's arm before he even had a chance to pull out his electric rod. She pulled it from his grasp and jabbed it into his side, before pushing him into a bunch of other people.

Some of them rushed to hold Steve back, and stopped the elevator. One man placed a cuff on Steve but he slammed his foot down onto the mans knee, making him fall to the ground in pain, giving Steve a chance to elbow the other men and get free.

Darla grabbed Rumlow's head and slammed it down onto her knee, before pushing him over and kicking him in the stomach.

Rollins clenched his fist and went to punch the girl, but she grabbed his wrist and twisted it behind his back, making let out a yelp.

Rumlow had stood up, grabbed the electric rod and jammed it into Steve's side. Darla quickly pushed Rollins arm up until she heard a crack and threw him against the walls of the elevator. She then grabbed Rumlow and pulled him off Steve.

Steve kicked two agents in the face, making them both fall to the floor and he took a quick glance at Darla, who seemed to be untouched. He pulled the restraints away from the wall that they had stuck to, he flipped and elbowed an agent in the face.

Darla swung her legs around, tripping two men up before kicking them both in their face.

"Whoa, whoa, big guy." Rumlow said as he stood up once again, his hands up in defence.

"Do you never stay down?" Darla questioned angrily. Her breathing was heavy and her fists were clenched.

"I just want you to know, guys, this isn't personal." Rumlow said towards the pair before lunging for him.

Darla stepped in front of Steve, meaning that Rumlow's fist slammed down on her face.

"Bitch." She winced, but brought her knee up to knee him in the crotch.

"Fuck." He groaned as Steve slammed his fist into his face before throwing him up into the top of the elevator.

Steve let out a long sigh before looking to Darla and around at all the men on the floor.

"It kind of feels personal." He kicked up his shield and slipped his arm into the holds before going to open the elevator doors, only to be met with a bunch of guards aiming guns at both him and Darla.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me." Darla muttered as she used her sleeve to wipe the blood from her nose.

"Drop your shield and gun and put your hands in the air." The guards shouted.

Steve span around and cut the belts, which made the elevator drop.

"Jesus, Cap." Darla said as she gripped onto him tightly until the elevator came to a stop.

Steve opened the door and saw the guards running towards them, so he quickly shut it again.

"Give it up, Rogers, Dyer." A STRIKE agent shouted as Steve looked around.

"What are you thinking?" She questioned the man.

"Shouldn't you know?" Steve questioned cockily as he wrapped his arm around the blondes waist before running and jumping out of the elevator.

The pair fell through two glass ceilings before landing on the concrete floor. Luckily, Darla had landed on top of Steve.

"Fuck me, Steve." Groaned Darla as she stood up.

"Time and place?" Steve answered back before grabbing the girls hand and running. Darla's eyes widened at the quick response, not sure if he was telling her that there was a time and place for that kind of suggestive comment or if he was asking for a time and place.

The pair ran towards the garage, Steve pulled out his keys for his motorcycle before climbing on and Darla jumping on behind him, wrapping her arms around his torso before he took off. They only just made it out of the garage before the doors shut.

A jet flew in front of them and over the comms said,

"Stand down, Captain Rogers. Darla Dyer stand down." A pilot spoke as the gun pointed towards them. "Repeat, stand down."

Bullets were being fired at the pair, which Steve managed to expertly dodge. Darla grabbed his shield and threw it towards one of the engines making the jet fall.

"Hold on, and steer straight." Steve said as he jumped onto jet, grabbing his shield and leaving Darla in charge of the bike.

"Bad idea. I can't even ride a bicycle." She shouted as the motorcycle began to wobble.

"Slam the breaks on." Steve shouted, Darla nodded and tightened her grips on the breaks making the motorcycle stop.

"Never do that to me again." She said pointing to the man with her index finger.

"Sorry." He shrugged with a coy smile.