𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐈𝐈

MEMORIES

"Stark is...HE IS A SICKNESS." Ultron shouted angrily.

"Ahh Junior." Tony said as he flew down and landed in front of Darla, Steve and Thor. "You're gonna break your old man's heart."

"If I have to." Ultron turned to face him. Darla's eyes flickered to the two behind Ultron. They seemed so young but she quickly recognised them as the Maximoff twins. The third and unnamed member of their group and no where to be seen.

"Nobody has to break anything." Thor announced calmly.

"Clearly, you've never made an omelet." Ultron announced.

"He beat me by one second." Tony looked between the group. Darla let out a small chuckle.

"Ah, yes. He's funny. Mr Stark." Pietro said as he looked towards Tony. Darla took a small step forward as Pietro walked towards them. "It's what? Comfortable? Like old times?" He looked towards the bombs they had made.

"This was never my life." Tony shook his head, holding out his hand slightly as the girl now stood beside him.

"You two can still walk away from this." Steve announced motioning to the twins.

"Oh, we will." Wanda spoke up.

"I know you've suffered." Steve continued, hoping to bring the twins around.

"Captain America." Ultron chuckled. "God's righteous man. Pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but-"

"Can't I just spark him?" Darla questioned angrily. Steve placed his hand on the small of her back, silently telling her to wait.

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it." Thor said looking solely at Ultron.

"I think you're confusing 'peace' with 'quiet.'" Ultron took a step forwards.

"Uh-huh, what's the vibranium for?" Tony questioned loosing his patience slightly.

"I'm glad you asked that, because I want to take this time to explain my evil plan." Ultron said cockily as he pulled Tony forward and then threw him back.

Two other drones now stood in front of Darla, Steve and Thor. Steve and Thor instantly began to fight the drones while Tony went for Ultron. Darla snook around and walked over to the twins.

What she wasn't expecting was to be thrown back by Wanda.

"What the fuck?" She groaned, slowly standing back up. "Look, I just wanted to talk." Darla said angrily. "But you asked for this one." Darla placed her hand on the building, taking all of the power and electricity before blasting it in the direction of Wanda.

"It's time for some mind games." The drone said to Wanda.

"Look, you don't need to be this person." Darla walked up to the girl. "You can ch-" Darla was cut off by Wanda using her powers on the blonde. "What did you just do?"

Darla laid in hospital bed her eyes fluttering open and closed. Her mouth felt so dry and her whole body ached.

"You're awake." Mateo smiled as he looked down at the girl. "How you feeling?"

"Where am I?" Darla questioned, trying to sit up but wincing in pain.

"Hospital." Mateo placed his hand over the girl, causing a spark. Darla pulled her hand away and for the first time looked at the boy. "Mateo?"

His nose began bleeding and his skin quickly bruised.

"You did this to me." Mateo seethed. "You did this. I went looking for you." He spat. "I tried to help you."

He shook his head and chuckle.

"They told me you were there. That you were safe." His tongue ran over his bottom lip. "You killed me Darla. And I'll never forgive you for that."

"Mateo, this isn't you." Darla whispered softly, as a single tear rolled down her cheek. "Why are you doing this?"

"You're weak, Darla. Everyone knows it. I know it. Tony knows it. Even Steve knows it." Mateo brought his hand up and harshly wiped the tears from her face. "You're incapable of being loved. No one will ever love you, no matter how much you try."

"Hey kiddo." Clint's cupped the girls cheeks but instantly got shocked, so he let go. "Guys I have an issue." He announced over the comms. "Darla's completely out of it. The lights are out. I can't see anything and I can't touch her to get to the jets. What do I do?"

"I'm on my way." Tony announced, he had just placed Bruce in the jet. His suit would protect him from the shocks for a short while. Everyone else was already on the jets, since Clint was the only one who wasn't affected beside Tony from Wanda's powers, he decided he would go back for the girl.

Tony arrived and his eyes landed on the girl. She had tears streaming down her face, her lips were chapped as her breathing was slow.

"Hey kid, let's get you out of here." Tony whispered as he picked the girl up and carried her back to the jet.

Darla sat far away from everyone, Tony had given her a blanket since she kept shivering. She was haunted by the memories, as was everyone else.

"The news is loving you guys." Hill spoke. "Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air."

"The Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony spoke up.

"Already on the scene." Hill confirmed. "Hows the team?"

"Everyone's-" Tony sighed. "We took a hit. We'll shake it off."

"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here." Hill suggested.

Darla laid herself down and used the covers to hide her body from everyone. She allowed herself to silently cry at her memories and fears.

"So run and hide?" Tony questioned angered slightly by the suggestion.

"Until we can find Ultron. I don't have a lot else to offer." Hill nodded.

Tony sighed and looked over to the blonde girl. He knew she would have seen something to do with Mateo, he just didn't know what.

"Neither do we." Tony uttered in response.

Darla's eyes flickered to Steve, wondering how he was, if he was okay. She wondered what he saw.

"Hey, kid." Tony said as he laid down on the floor beside her. "How you doing?"

Darla shook her head, saying that she wasn't doing so well. She didn't trust herself to speak.

"Did you see Mateo?" Darla nodded. "Do you want to talk about it?" She shook her head. That was the last thing she wanted to do. "Okay, I'm right here if you change your mind." Darla softly smiled at the man. She was incredibly thankful for Tony, she didn't know what she would do without him.