𝐕𝐈.𝐗𝐕

AVENGERS

Darla walked out of the compound and saw Steve with his hands resting on his hips as he stared at the ground.

"Hey, Cap." Darla spoke up, announcing her presence to him. "Thought I'd come and check on you." She whispered softly, walking over to him.

Steve didn't even hesitate in wrapping his arms around the girl and burying his head into the crook of her neck. Her fingers combed through his hair, wondering what was bothering him.

"Do you want children?" Steve questioned as he pulled away from the girl. His hand cupped the face so that she looked at him.

"Maybe." She nodded, she wasn't completely opposed to the idea. "Do you?"

Steve smiled and nodded. Over the past few years he had been giving it much more thought. He would loved to raise a family with Darla. Have their own little house somewhere, with children running around on the back yard.

A few years ago, he didn't think that he would be a good dad. So the idea of children just went out of the window. Plus, he didn't think that he'd want a family without Darla. But now they are together, maybe he could have a family with her.

"With you, yes." He pressed his forehead against hers. "I have a proposal."

"Another one?" Darla smirked teasingly, making Steve light heartily chuckle.

"When we get everyone back, once all of this is over, we retire. We go and live some white picket fence kind of life. We have our wedding, we have our honeymoon, and then we have our children."

Just at the thought of her very own family with Steve made her heart race. The girl nodded eagerly, causing Steve to connect their lips.

His hand gripped the small of the girls back, pulling her as close as possible. Her arms wrapped around his shoulders as her fingers threaded through his hair.

They were cut off by the sound of an engine speeding towards the entrance. Darla pulled away and turned to face the car. She could only think of one person who would drive so recklessly.

"Tony." She grinned.

The car pulled too a stop, but just a little bit passed Steve and Darla. Instead of getting out like a normal person, Tony reversed the car and rolled down the window.

"Why the long face?" Tony questioned. "Let me guess: He turned into a baby. Or is it cause I saw you two making out?"

"Among other things, yeah." Steve nodded, his arms wrapping around Darla. "What are you doing here?"

"That's the EPR Paradox. Instead of pushing Lang through time, you might've wound up pushing time through Lang." Tony announced as he climbed out of the car. "It's tricky. Dangerous. Somebody should've cautioned you against it."

Darla pulled away from Steve to give Tony a hug, which he quickly returned. She had missed his hugs, as stupid as it may have sounded.

"You did." Steve nodded.

"Oh, did I?" Tony questioned, acting like he didn't know. Darla pulled away and stepped back beside Steve. "Thank God I'm here. Regardless, I fixed it." He holds up his right hand, with a device on it. "A fully functioning Time-Space GPS. I just want peace." Tony made a peace sigh. "Turns out, resentment is corrosive, and I hate it."

"Me too." Steve nodded.

"We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities: Bring back what we lost? I hope, yes. Keep what I got? I have to, at all costs. And...maybe not die trying will be nice." Tony stepped forward and looked down at Darla. "I want to try and bring them all back for you kid, but you understand Morg-"

"She comes first. I wouldn't have it any other way, T." Darla nodded understandingly. She loved Morgan. She was like her baby sister. She'd do anything to protect her.

"Sounds like a deal." Steve nodded, reaching out to shake Tony's hand. He half expected Tony not to shake his hand, but he was surprised when he did.

Tony walked to the back of his truck to pulled out the Captain America shield, something Darla hadn't seen in years. He had to tip a few of Morgan's toys off it, causing him to awkwardly smile.

Steve let out a heavy sigh. He missed his shield but something about having it back seemed almost wrong.

"Tony. I don't know." Steve shook his head.

"Why? He made it for you." Tony announced, referring to his father. "Plus, honestly I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding."

Darla chuckled, she could imagine Morgan taking it with Tony's permission and using it as a sledge.

Tony flipped the shield around and Steve slid it perfectly onto his arm. Darla took a step back and smiled at the man.

"Thank you, Tony." Steve smiled at the man genuinely.

"Will you keep that a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team." Tony paused hesitantly. "We are getting the whole team, yeah?"

"Sure, let's just hide a huge ass shield." Darla muttered, as Steve pulled her as close to him as possible.

"We're working on that right now." Steve confirmed.