𝐕𝐈.𝐕𝐈𝐈

MORGAN

"Auntie Darla." Morgan shouted as she ran up to the blonde girl. Last week, Natasha helped Darla dye her hair back to her original blonde.

"Morgan." Darla quickly picked the girl up and placed her on her hip, before placing a soft kiss on the girls cheek. "How's my favourite Stark?"

"I take offence to that." Tony announced as he walked towards the girl with a beaming smile. "How've you been, Kid?" He questioned as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into his chest slightly.

"Could've been better, could've been worse." Darla shrugged as she placed Morgan down, who instantly ran back to Pepper.

Tony nodded towards Pepper, silently telling her to take Morgan inside whilst Darla and himself talked.

"Everyone misses you, Tony, the past three years haven't been the same without you." Darla admitted. She wanted him to come back with her, to at least visit the others.

She felt selfish for coming there every other week to visit the Starks. She didn't tell anyone where she was going, she promised Tony that she would keep his family a secret.

"How are they all?" Tony questioned as he began to walk off, like he usually did whenever she brought up The Avengers.

"Steve talks about you a lot, he asks me what I think you'd be doing right now. Where about in the world you are." Darla chuckled. "Little does he know that you're only a two hour drive away."

Tony hummed in response, waiting for her to continue.

"Nat and Briar have got closer, I think they're dating. But I don't think they're ready to tell me yet, despite me saying they have my full blessing."

"They'd be good for each other." Tony paused. "You should really let me make a suit for Briar."

Darla grabbed Tony's arm and gave him a bazaar look before saying,

"No. I want to keep him out of the fight." Darla paused and lowered her head slightly. "I can't lose him, T, I can't lose any more family."

Tony offered the girl a sympathetic look, he grabbed her shoulders and pulled her into his chest. He wrapped his arms around the girl tightly. He felt her shoulders slump and her whole body relax.

She had to put on a brave face around everyone. She always pretended to be okay and that she knew they would figure everything out. But truthfully, she didn't know. The voices didn't tell her anything, they had quietened down and all she could hear was when people were going to walk in to a room or when they were hurt.

"It's okay, I'm here." Tony whispered to the girl who has become like a second daughter to him. "Shall we go and see Morgan? She's pouting at us through the window."

Darla pulled away and saw Morgan sat in the window seat with her arms crossed. The blonde gave her a small wave and nodded.

They walked into the small cabin, Darla offered Pepper a small smile and sat beside Morgan. The brunette quickly crawled onto the blondes lap and wrapped her arms around Darla.

"I missed you, Auntie Darla." Morgan pouted.

"I missed you too, Kiddo." Darla smiled, she instantly thought about Clint and the way he used to call her 'kiddo'. Tony clearly noticed as he offered her a reassuring smile.

"Daddy told me the story about how you saved the world last night." Morgan said as she tilted her head up to look at Darla. "In Berlin."

Darla knew that it was the time when they were fighting about the accords.

"Did he now?" Darla raised her brow. Her mind instantly thought about Peter. He was in the snap, she couldn't help but wonder if Tony had told Morgan about him.

Her eyes flickered to the photo of Tony and Peter and her heart ached for Tony. She knew that he missed him and felt guilty that he wasn't here with them. Despite only knowing Peter a few months, he had a big place in Tony's heart.

Darla picked Morgan up and placed her on her hip before walking over to Tony.

"You miss him, don't you?" Darla questioned as she looked up at Tony.

"I miss them all." Tony responded with a nod. "But I have a family now, I have to think about them too, so I'm sorry, D, I know you're here to see if I'll come back with you but I can't."

"I know, Tony, I ask you every time and your answer is always the same. But one day you're going to say yes, I just know it." Darla playfully tapped her head.

"Well that mind shit is still freaky." Tony uttered in response.

"Language." Darla pointed to the man warningly as she tried to cover Morgan's ears.

"You sound like Steve." Pepper pointed out.

"Is that such a bad thing?" Darla questioned curiously.