𝐕𝐈.𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

SELFIE

Darla leant back in Steve's arms as they sat in a booth at a small corner cafe. Steve's fingers traced small patterns on the girls arms and he didn't miss the way her eyes fluttered open and closed.

She barely got any sleep any more. Not since Scott came back and they had a chance at bringing the others back.

"Come on, I feel like I'm the only one eating here." Bruce pushed the plate forward. "Try some of that. Have some eggs."

"I'm so confused." Scott said as he looked at Bruce, who was in the Hulks form. Bruce often now referred to himself as 'Smart Hulk', which Darla found adorable.

"These are confusing times." Bruce agreed.

Steve placed a soft kiss on Darla's head, watching as she shuffled closer to him. His hand gripped her thigh and pulled her into his lap so that Natasha had more room to sit.

"Right. No, no, that's not what I meant." Scott shook his head, but before he had the chance to explain what he meant, Bruce cut him off.

"No, I get it. I'm kidding. I know. It's crazy." Bruce pointed at himself. "I'm wearing shirts now."

"Yeah. Wh...How? Why?" Scott questioned curiously, he wanted to understand how.

Darla nuzzled her head into the crook of Steve's neck. She was disappointed that Tony didn't help. Disappointed, but not surprised. She understood his reasonings, heck she was sure if she had a kid with Steve, she wouldn't be helping either. But she wanted her family back. She wanted everyone back.

"Five years ago, we got our asses beaten. Except it was worse for me. Because I lost twice. First, Hulk lost, then Banner lost. Then, we all lost." Bruce explained.

Briar glanced at his sister, who was sat on Steve's lap. She hadn't uttered a word since they left Tony's house, which was yesterday. He could tell that it bothered her.

"No one blamed you, Bruce." Natasha looked up to the man.

"I did." He paused. "For years, I've been treating the Hulk like he's some kind of disease, something to get rid of. But then I started looking at him as the cure. Eighteen months in a gamma lab. I put the brains and the brawn together. And now look at me. Best of both worlds-" He smiled happily as three children walked up to him.

"Excuse me, Mr. Hulk?" The girl smiled.

"Yes?" Bruce smiled at the three.

"Can we get a photo?" She questioned softly.

Darla lifted her head slightly and looked at the kids. She let out a heavy sigh in defeat. She couldn't help but wonder how many people they had lost due to the snap.

"100%, little person. Come on, step up. You mind?" Bruce questioned handing the phone to Scott, who happily took a photo of them. "Say 'green'" They all pose for the photo. "Did you get that?"

"Don't you wanna grab one with me? I'm Ant-Man." Scott smiled as he handed the phone back. He noticed the kids hesitation so he continued to say, "They're Hulk fans, they don't know Ant-Man. Nobody does."

"Wait, no, no, he feels bad. No, he wants you to-he wants to-You want to take a picture with him, right?" The youngest boy shook his head. Darla chuckled slightly at the interaction.

"He's even saying no he doesn't. I get it. I don't want it either. I don't want a picture with them." Scott said loudly as Bruce kept attempting to speak over him.

"He's gonna feel bad." Bruce spoke to the kids. "Sorry. They said they'd do it."

"I don't want it anymore." Scott insisted as he handed the phone back. "Just take the goddamn phone."

"Thank you, Mr. Hulk." The girl smiled softly.

"No, it's great kids. Thank you very much. Hulk out!" He said as the three children walked away.

"Bruce." Steve said trying to gain the man's attention. But he was too preoccupied.

"Listen to your Mom. She knows better." Bruce shouted over to the kids.

"Banner." Darla snapped, sending a small shock towards the man, so that he would give them his full attention. Everyone looked at her disapprovingly, but she didn't care. They needed to get everyone back.

"About what we were saying." Steve urged him to continue. He pressed his lips against Darla's temple.

Darla listened to the steady beating of Steve's heart to calm her down. Every little thing seemed to be annoying and angering her.

"Right. The whole time travel do-over?" Bruce paused and leant back in his seat. "Guys, it's outside my area of expertise."

"Well, you pulled this off." Natasha smiled up to the man. "I remember a time when that seemed pretty impossible time, too."

"I mean, you're one of the smartest people I know, you've got this." Briar said confidently as he placed his hand down on Bruce's shoulder.

"We need this to work Bruce, because without it. There's no chance at getting everyone back." Darla spoke up for the first time. "So you're gonna help us figure this out. Right?"

"Of course." Bruce nodded.