𝐈.𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

THREAT

Steve slammed the gun down on the metal table, making Bruce, Tony and Fury look at both him and Darla.

"Phase two is SHIELD uses the Cube to make weapons." Steve said angrily, but they turned to Tony to apologise. "Sorry, computer was moving a little slow for us."

"Rogers, Dyers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're making-" Fury walked over to the weapon. Steve glared towards Fury as he placed his hands on the weapon.

"I'm sorry Nick, What were you saying?" Tony said as he pulled up the blueprints for more weapons.

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve said as both Natasha and Thor walked in to the lab.

"Did you know about this?" Bruce questioned as he motioned towards Natasha and Darla.

Darla shook her head,

"I had no clue." She looked up to Steve, who offered her a supportive smile. He knew she wasn't lying, she was just as surprised at him when they found it.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" Natasha asked Bruce.

"I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed." Bruce scoffed in response.

"Loki is manipulating you." Natasha said as she took a step closer to Bruce, who was becoming agitated.

"And you've been doing what, exactly?" He resorted cockily.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you." Natasha was now stood in front of Bruce.

Darla placed her hand over the gun that sat perfectly in the waist band of her pants. The action was something that didn't go unnoticed by Steve. He placed his hand on the small of her back, showing her that she was safe with him.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." Bruce motioned towards the blueprints.

"Because of him." Fury said as he pointed towards Thor.

"Me?" Thor furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that levelled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Fury explained.

Darla's eyes flickered across everyone in the room. Fury was now stood in the centre of everyone, gaining their full attention.

Tony leant against a desk with his hands shoved deep into his pockets. Bruce stood beside the computer with the blueprints on, Natasha kept a watchful eye beside him. Thor stood the furthest away from everyone with a clenched jaw.

And Steve, he stood beside Darla keeping as close as he could.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet." Thor threw his hands up dramatically.

"But you're not the only people out there are you? And you're not the only threat. The worlds filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled." Fury looked between everyone as he spoke.

"Like you controlled the Cube?" Steve questioned, puffing out his chest to appear more intimidating.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war." Thor explained as he took steps closer to the group.