𝐕.𝐈𝐈𝐈

BIRTHDAYS

Darla ran up to Bucky and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. The man wrapped his arms around her waist and span her around.

"Happy birthday, Buck." She whispered as he placed her down. Over the past year and a half, Bucky and Darla became extremely close. It was thanks to Steve, whenever the man visited Bucky in Wakanda, he always spoke about Darla.

She didn't visit with Steve much, he always said if he was to get caught he wouldn't want to bring her down with him. He always joked that he'd need her to break him out of whatever cell they would hold him in.

But with how much Steve talked about them to the other, it felt like they knew each other like the backs of their hands.

"Hey, buddy." Smiled Steve as he gave Bucky a quick hug. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks guys." Bucky smiled, clapping his hands down on both their shoulders.

"I got you a present." Darla smiled teasingly as she handed the man the small present bag.

"You shouldn't have." Bucky smiled as he pulled out his present to reveal anti-rusting oil for his arm. "You really shouldn't have." He chuckled.

"It was nothing." Darla shrugged as she looked up to Steve, who was smiling down at his best friend and girlfriend. He was glad that they got along.

"How's Scotland?" Bucky questioned, they constantly bounced around to avoid being caught.

Darla shrugged, she only asked to move to Scotland because that's where Wanda wanted to move to with Vision. And the girl didn't like the idea of Wanda being somewhere alone.

"It's Scotland." Darla answered, stepping closer to Steve and allowing the blonde man to wrap his arms around her waist.

"And how are you two?" Bucky questioned looking at the pair. He was glad that they finally got together.

A blush formed on Darla's cheeks and as she tilted her head back and looked up to Steve.

"Perfect." Steve mumbled, placing a kiss on the girls forehead.

"Well, you look good together." Bucky complimented. "Hey Darla, has he ever told you about the time that I made him ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?"

Darla shook her head, making Bucky grin, he wrapped his arm around the girls shoulder and pulled her away from Steve.

"Oh come on, Bucky, she doesn't want to hear that." Steve ran his hand over his face, the story was so embarrassing.

"Oh I think I do." Darla grinned. "Tell me." She said looking up to the dark haired man.

"Gotta give the girl what she wants." Bucky shrugged. "We were waiting in the queue for hours for the Cyclone. Steve was a big chicken back then, he was terrified." Bucky chuckled at the fond memories. "Once we got on the ride, Steve gagged so many times and I couldn't stop laughing."

Steve's cheeks burned red, but the smile on Darla's face made up for his embarrassment.

"When we got off, I swear, I'd never seen him run so fast. He ran towards a bin and spent the next forty minutes vomiting."

Darla had to bite back a laugh as she looked up to Steve.

"I-"

"Oh Steven." Darla fake pouted, pulling away from Bucky to walk over to the man. "I still love you." She whispered, her hands grabbing the collar of his top and standing on her tip toes to place a soft kiss on his lips.

Bucky smiled, they really were perfect for one another. She grounded him and kept him strong. Bucky knew that if Steve needed one thing it was to be grounded. He hated that he couldn't see them as much as he'd like, but he did enjoy their times together.

~

Darla walked with Bucky as they watched Steve set up the jet for them to go home in.

"So, you killed Mateo?" Bucky spoke up. He knew that Mateo was dead, but this was the first time that he had pieced together that it was in fact Darla who killed the man.

He watched as a blue aura formed around Darla, but as quickly as it came, it left. Just the sound of the boys name, angered her.

"I did what had to be done." She responded with a nod. "You told Steve."

"I did." He nodded. "I also told him that he was one of my doctors and that he upset you when he kissed Sharon."

Darla rolled her eyes, and turned to the boy.

"I thought I told you not to tell him." She paused. "And that I was fine. That the kiss didn't bother me-"

"You are the worst liar I've ever met." Bucky playfully shouted.

Steve chuckled as he walked up to the pair, his arms wrapped around Darla's shoulders as he said,

"He's right, baby, you're an awful liar."

"This isn't a team up on Darla day, cut me some slack." The girl playfully pouted.

"Thanks for coming." Bucky smiled at the pair. "I'll see you again soon, right?" He pointed to the girl.

"Course." Darla nodded.

"We'll see you soon, Buck." Steve smiled as Bucky wrapped his arms around the pair.

"Your squishing me." Darla paused. "I'm in a super soldier sandwich."

Bucky shook his head with a light chuckle.

"You best get going before it gets too late." Bucky spoke up reluctantly, he liked when his friends were in Wakanda with him, but he knew they'd be found if they stayed here for too long.

"See you soon, Bucky." Darla smiled as she waved goodbye to the man.