𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐈𝐕

SHARING

Darla woke up and tried to roll onto her back, only to be stopped by Steve. His sleeping body held Darla's tightly. One of his arms rested comfortably under her neck and the other on her waist.

She tried to contain the smile that made its way to her face, but she couldn't. Her eyes flickered up as the door creaked open to reveal Clint stood there with a smirk.

"Shut up." Darla whispered biting back her smile.

"I didn't say anything, kiddo." Clint looked back at Steve who was peacefully sleeping. "He's good for you." He paused. "You're good for him. Feel free to use the shower when he wakes up." And with that, he shut the door and left the pair alone.

Darla shuffled and turned around to face Steve. Their noses brushed together slightly. She brought her hand up to move some of his hair that had fallen in front of his eyes.

"What are you doing?" Steve questioned holding back a laugh as he opened his eyes to see Darla frozen in place, her cheeks turning bright red.

"I-I'm sorry." She stuttered.

Steve shook his head, his grip tightening on the girls waist and pulling her up so now she was straddling his torso.

Darla's hand rested on Steve's bare chest as she looked down at him with a smile. Steve's hand trailed up her thighs until they rested comfortably on the girls hips.

"I'm gonna go shower." Darla said with a chuckle.

~

Darla sighed as the hot water poured over her body. Her muscles ached. The faint sound of Steve humming brought a smile to her face. She had asked him to sit in the bathroom with her and keep an eye on the door. Apparently it didn't have a lock, which made Darla extremely anxious.

The humming stopped, so Darla waited for a minute hoping to hear Steve's humming.

"Cap?" Darla questioned anxiously, shutting the water off.

"Still here." He responded. A smile made its way to Darla's face as it reminded her of the first time he had sat in the bathroom whilst she showered.

Darla opened the shower curtain and grabbed the towel, wrapping it around her body.

"Thank you." She smiled as he turned around to face her. Steve couldn't help but let his eyes flicker up and down the girl. "If you wanted to see me naked again that badly, you should have joined me." She shrugged cockily. "Your turn to use the shower before Tony comes up." She chuckled and walked out of the bathroom leaving the man stunned.

~

Darla sat on a small picnic bench as she watched Steve and Tony cut up some logs for the fire.

"Thor didn't say where he was going for answers?" Tony questioned curiously.

"Sometimes my teammates don't tell me thing." Steve shrugged as he went to grab another log. "I was kind of hoping Thor would be the exception."

Darla looked at at the ground anxiously, she hid her whereabouts from Steve for a year, as did Tony.

"Yeah, give him time." Tony reassured the man. "We don't know what the Maximoff kid showed him."

Steve slammed the axe down onto the log, instantly breaking it into four pieces.

"'Earth's mightiest heroes.' Pulled us apart like cotton candy." Steve shook his head, grabbing another log.

"Don't be so hard on yourself." Darla spoke up.

"Seems like you walked away alright." Tony furrowed his brows.

"Is that a problem?" Steve questioned. Darla stood up and walked over to the boys.

"I don't trust a guy without a dark side." Tony shrugged. "Call me old fashioned." He said as he slammed his axe down.

"Well let's just say you haven't seen it yet." Steve looked over to Darla. Who now stood in the middle of them.

"You know Ultron is trying to tear us apart right?" Tony questioned.

"Well I guess you'd know." Steve shot back.

"That's enough guys." Darla said warningly.

"Whether you'd tell us is a better of a question." Steve continued.

"Banner and I were doing research." Tony defended himself.

Darla looked between the two boys, sensing that if they didn't quit being argumentive soon, that something bad would more than likely happen. The voices became louder as they continued to disagree.

"That would affect the team." Steve glared.

"That would end the team!" Tony shouted back. "Isn't that the mission? Is that the 'why we fight'? So we can end the fight? So we get to go home?"

Angrily, Steve picked up another log and split it into two.

"Wow." Darla whispered, she didn't mean to let the word slip out, but she was in awe at Steve. Both boys turned to look at the girl. "Sorry."

"Every time someone tried to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time." Steve let out a long breath.

"I'm sorry, Mr Stark. Clint said you wouldn't mind, but our tractor doesn't seem to want to start at all." Laura said as she walked up to the three. "I fought maybe you might-"

"Yeah, I'll give her a kick." Tony nodded. "Don't take from my pile." He said pointing to the pile of logs which was significantly smaller than Steve's.

"You need to go easy on each other." Darla whispered placing her hand on Steve's bicep.

A small tug at the end of her top made Darla furrow her brows. She looked down to the young brunette with a smile.

"Daddy says I can show you my room." Lila smiled up to Darla.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Darla questioned as Lila grabbed the blonde's hand and dragged her into the house.

Darla looked around the girls room in awe, it was filled with different posters of the avengers, including a rather large one of her and Natasha stood back to back. Darla looked at the names 'DARLA DYER AND THE BLACK WIDOW'.

"Huh, I don't have a name." She furrowed her brows lightly.

"Look look!" Lila grinned as she grabbed a doll that looked a lot like Darla. "I have your dolly."

"I didn't even know they made these." Darla whispered as she sat on the end of the girls bed and looked around her room. Everything seemed to be inspired by her or Natasha. Darla let a soft smile form on her face, she'd never felt so genuinely loved.