𝐕𝐈.𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

PLAN

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag." Rocket announced as everyone sat around the table eating a Chinese that Briar had ordered them.

Darla was sat on Steve's lap so that everyone had room to sit down, not that neither of them minded.

She nuzzled her head into the crook of his neck and pressed her lips against it. He smiled and gripped her waist tighter, pulling her as close as possible.

"Is that a person?" Bruce questioned as he took another mouth full of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

"Morag's a planet. Quill was a person." Rocket responded as he walked on the table.

"A planet? Like in outer space?" Scott asked, his mouth filled to the brim with noodles.

From across the table Darla saw Briar put two chopsticks in his mouth and pretend to be a walrus. She shook her head at the boy but still let out a small chuckle.

"Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything." Rocket began to stroke Scott's hair and pretended as if he was talking to a dog. "Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll get you to space."

~

Steve stood in the corner of the room with Darla in his arms. Natasha sat on the arm of the couch, still taking notes as Nebula spoke. Rocket, Bruce, Scott and Clint all listened carefully.

"Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir." Nebula announced, rolling her eyes at Rocket.

Natasha kept taking notes, trying to ignore the funny faces that Briar was pulling to attempt to ease the tension in the room, but it was hard.

"What is Vormir?" Natasha questioned, not even looking up from her notepad.

"A dominion of death, at the very center of Celestial existence. It's where... Thanos murdered my sister." Everyone fell into a deep silence as Nebula spoke.

Darla looked up at Steve who gave the girls bicep a small squeeze. He pressed his lips against her temple and held her tightly.

"Not it." Scott announced, saying that he didn't want to go to Vormir.

The blonde sent Scott a blank look, silently telling him that now probably wasn't the right time to say something like that.

~

Darla rested her head on Natasha's stomach and her legs over Tony's torso as the three of them laid on the table and Bruce laid on the floor.

They were the only four left awake and they were sure that it was the early hours of the morning, but they didn't care. They weren't going to rest until they found a way.

"That Time Stone guy-" Natasha spoke up, not actually remembering his name.

"Doctor Strange." Bruce hummed.

"Yeah, what kind of doctor was he?" Natasha questioned, her fingers combing through Darla's hair, making Darla smile.

"A strange one." Darla muttered as the same time Tony said,

"Ear-nose-throat meets rabbit from a hat."

"Nice place in the village, though." Bruce nodded, remembering where he lived.

"Yeah. Sullivan Street?" Tony questioned, not remembering the whereabouts of his house.

"Hmm... Bleecker Street." Bruce corrected.

Darla shot up, wondering if she actually heard right.

"Wait, he lived in New York?" Darla questioned hopefully, she smiled down at Natasha, hoping that she would confirm.

"No. He lived in Toronto, Kid. Were you even paying attention?" Tony lightly slapped her thigh, making her scowl at him.

She placed her hand on Tony's shoulder, sending him a small shock and causing him to fall off of the table.

"Guys," Natasha shouted over Tony and Darla, who were now squabbling like five year olds. "if you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York." She announced.

Bruce sat up and the room fell silent for a minute as they all thought about the talks they had today.

"Shut the front door."

"I'll go wake Steve." Darla shouted giddily as she ran through the halls of the Avengers compound and into their bedroom.

She jumped onto the bed and into Steve's arms. He instantly woke up and wrapped his arms around her, sleepily.

"Hey baby." He whispered hoarsely into her neck.

"We found a way Cap. We actually did it." Darla smiled and turned to face him.

A smile spread across Steve face as his eyes flickered from her green ones to her lips. He couldn't even help it, he just had to connect their lips.

His hands gripped the small of her back and pulled her closer to him. Desperately wanting to feel her skin against his.

This was a win for them. This was what they needed. He didn't even know the plan. He just knew that he trusted Darla and if she said they found away, then they had.

~

"All right. We have a plan." Steve spoke up, gaining everyone's attention. "Six Stones, three teams. One shot." His eyes flickered to Darla nervously. They both desperately wanted this to work.

Everyone turned to look at the hologram of the stones, they needed this plan to work. But for now, they needed rest and in the morning was when they could execute their plan.