𝐕𝐈.𝐈𝐈𝐈

SPACE

Darla held Steve's hand tightly as they sat in the Benatar. Steve ran his thumb along the girls knuckles, which had turned white due to how tight she was holding his hand.

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket questioned, making Darla, Steve, Natasha and Rhodey all raise their hands sheepishly.

"Why?" Rhodey questioned curiously.

"You better not throw up on my ship." Rocket warned. Darla furrowed her brows and looked across to Steve, who tried to give her a reassuring nod.

The girl was glad that she had made Briar stay behind with Pepper and Tony. He got car sick whenever they went on holiday, so she couldn't imagine how bad he would be if they went to space.

"Approaching jump in three," Nebula spoke up, making everyone's grip on their seat tighten. "two," Darla sucked in a deep breath. "one."

The ship jumped forward, Darla was mesmerised by the different colours and the new experience.

"I'll head down for recon." Carol announced as she hovered in front of the Benatar.  The blonde flew down to the planet.

Natasha looked up at Steve as they slowly got out of their seats. His arms wrapped around Darla's waist as he rested his head on top of hers sadly.

"This is gonna work, Steve." Natasha announced.

"I know it will." Steve attempted to smile as he turned to look at the girl. "Cause I don't know what I'm going to do if it doesn't."

Darla began to trace patterns on the man's hand, she tilted her head to the side and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

"No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind. It's just him." Carol announced once she returned.

"And that's enough." Nebula mumbled.

~

Carol flew through the roof, knocking Thanos down and wrapping herself around his neck. Bruce burst through and grabbed his arm, which the Infinity gauntlet was on. Rhodey flew down and aimed his gun at Thanos as Thor flew in and cut off Thanos' hand using the storm breaker. Steve, Darla and Natasha all walked in, Rocket placed the sliced off hand in front of the three.

"There's no stones." Darla pointed out once she looked at the hand.

"Where are they?" Steve demanded as he looked at Thanos.

"Answer the question." Carol snapped as Thanos just grunted in response.

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation." Thanos responded.

"You murdered trillions." Bruce shouted as he pushed Thanos back.

"You should be grateful." Thanos seethed.

"Grateful?" Darla scoffed as a lightly blue aura formed around her. Steve tried to pull her back, but she shook her head. She had this under control. "You murdered my family." She focused on him, her eyes turning electric blue as she notice him wince. She controlled a ball of electricity in her hands. "You killed my friends." She slowly walked around them. "You killed everyone that we love." She fired the blast at him, causing him to fall onto his back. "Where are the fucking stones?"

"Gone." Thanos smirked. "Reduced to atoms."

Steve grabbed Darla, pulling her back into his chest, tracing a small pattern on her forearms. The last thing they needed was for her to explode and the building crumbled with them still inside.

"You used them two days ago!" Bruce reminded him.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be." Thanos slowly sat up. "I am inevitable."

"We have to tear this place apart, he-he-he has to be lying." Rhodey said as he stumbled over his words. He sounded so panicked and broken. It hurt Darla to hear him like that.

"My father is many things. A liar is not one of them." Nebula announced.

"Ah, thank you, daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harshly." Thanos muttered.

Angered, Thor swung around his storm breaker and before anyone could say a word he sliced off Thanos head.

"What? What did you do?" Rocket questioned.

Thor looked down in realisation, only know realising that he has killed the only man who could help them get their friends back.

"I went for the head." Thor muttered as he staggered back slightly.

"Thor." Darla reached out for the man, hoping to comfort him, but instead he just raised a dismissive hand and walked out of the shed.

Darla looked up to Steve, tears forming in her eyes, it only just hitting her that she wouldn't ever see her family again.

Steve looked down at the girl, his hand cupping the back of her head as he pulled her into his chest.

They needed each other right now. All that was going through their heads was everyone that they have lost. Everyone who they needed to save. They had let them all down.