𝐕.𝐈𝐗

THANOS

"Are you okay?" Wanda questioned as she rushed over to Vision. Vision winced before he could say anything. "What? What is it?"

"He's here." Vision whispered as the wind picked up and everyone shared an anxious look.

Steve linked his hand with Darla's, giving it a light squeeze before bring it up to his lips to place a soft kiss over her knuckles.

"Everyone, on my position. We have incoming." Steve announced they were joined by Natasha, Sam, Okoye and T'Challa.

"What the hell?" Natasha mumbled.

"God he's ugly." Darla mumbled once she saw Thanos step out of the bluey-black clouds.

"Cap. That's him." Bruce confirmed what all the others were thinking.

Everyone shared an anxious look as they readied themselves to fight.

"Eyes up. Stay sharp." Steve responded as they ran towards Thanos.

Bruce reached him first, lunging for Thanos, only for him to use the space stone on Bruce and so that he was now buried in the cliff behind him.

Steve was sent flying back by a purple energy before he could even lunge at Thanos.

Darla used her strength to blast Thanos, he stumbled back slightly at the blow, before sending her hurtling back into Steve.

Steve grabbed the girl's waist, steadying her as they stood up. He gave the girl a small nod.

Darla watched as Rhodey fired towards Thanos, only for Thanos to crush his suit and throw Rhodey to the side.

The brunette girl fired towards Thanos as he was distracted by Bucky, Okoye, Natasha and Groot.

Whilst Darla blasted Thanos, Steve slid under his arm and then slammed his shield into his stomach before hitting him in the jaw.

Steve grabbed the gauntlet, letting out an angered scream as she tried to pull it off his hand. Thanos clenched his fist and swung at Darla, diverting Steve's attention to the girl who limply fell back, her head banging against a rock. Only for Steve then to be punched by Thanos, making him fall to the floor.

Darla watched as a burst of yellow energy exploded, making the trees shake. She couldn't hear anything, her ears were ringing. But what she least expected to see was Thanos using the time stone to reverse Visions death.

The brunette watched as Thor threw his hammer down, slamming it into Thanos's chest.

"I told you. You'd die for that!" Thor seethed as he referred to Loki, whilst he pushed the storm breaker further into Thanos' chest.

"You should have-you-" Thanos muttered weakly. "You should have gone for the head!" Thanos announced as he snapped his fingers.

"NO!" Thor shouted, but it was too late.

Darla slowly pulled herself up, making her way over to Steve, she picked up his head and placed it in her lap. Steve weakly brought his hand up to hold hers.

"What'd you do?" Thor questioned. "WHAT'D YOU DO?!" He shouted as Thanos used the time stone to leave.

Steve slowly stood up with the help of Darla as they made their way over to Thor.

"Where'd he go?" Steve questioned as he clutched onto his left side. His eyes flickering to Darla who had blood dripping down her forehead. "Thor. Where'd he go?" Steve repeated.

"Steve? Darla?" Bucky spoke up, making his presence known. He slowly stumbled over to the pair before dropping his gun and collapsing into ashes.

Darla clutched her head as she fell to the floor, the voices giving off a list of names.

'Bucky. T'Challa. Wanda. Sam. Groot. Peter. Hill. Fury. Fiona. Gregory. Cecilia. Aspen. Elio.'

The few names that she could make out repeated in her head. Tears streamed down her face

"Wanda." Darla cried out as she watched the girl turn into ashes, causing more tears. "Steve." Darla's eyes flickered over to the man who knelt down beside her. "It hurts. It hurts. Make it stop." Steve pulled the girl into his chest, holding her as tight as possible.

Darla shook her head before letting out a loud ear piercing screaming. Natasha ran over to the girl, falling down beside her, helping Steve to hold her tightly.

The brunette fell back limply into Steve's chest as Steve rolled Vision onto his back.

"What is this? What the hell is happening?" Rhodey questioned as he looked between the group.

Steve pulled Darla as close to him as possible, terrified that at a moments notice, she too would disappear.

"Oh, God." He whispered, resting his head on hers. She knew all the names of those who would disappear and he couldn't imagine how much that would have hurt her. "I've got you." He mumbled into her hair as he pulled her closer to him.

Darla gripped onto Steve's bicep, she knew everyone was looking at her. But right now all she wanted was to be beside Steve. It was all she needed.

"I'm sorry." She cried. "I'm so sorry."