𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐕𝐈𝐈

WORTHY

Darla and Steve both walked back down the stairs to join the other Avengers as everyone else had gone home. Darla had made sure to grab Steve's leather jacket and flip up the collar in order to hide the hickey that he left her.

Steve had a smug smile as he walked down the stairs. His eyes trailing up and down the girl before they took a seat beside one another on the couch.

"Where were you two?" Bruce questioned curiously. All The Avengers shared a knowing look between one another, but no one said anything.

"I had a bit too much to drink, Steve was just holding back my hair." Darla lied, a light blush appearing on her face. Tony hummed in response but glared at Steve. Darla was like a little sister to him.

Natasha cleared her throat, gaining Darla's attention. Natasha tapped the side of her lips, causing Darla's eyes to widen and neaten up her lipstick.

"Thank you." Darla mouthed and Natasha nodded in response.

"D, come and get a drink with me?" Natasha said as she slowly stood up, Darla smiled and nodded before pulling herself away from Steve and heading to the bar with Natasha. "So, how was it?"

"H-how was what?" Stuttered Darla as she reached over the bar to grab a bottle of wine.

"You and Steve are the worst liars I know." Natasha chuckled as she took off the cap of the bottle before taking a swig of her beer. "You can tell me." Natasha placed her hand on Darla, only to receive and shock and pull away.

"I'm sorry." Darla whispered guiltily. "Are you okay?" Natasha nodded with a smile as they returned back to the group.

Darla smiled at Steve as she heard the faint sound of his laughter. She took a seat beside him, his arm instantly find it's way around her shoulders and pulling her closer. He didn't mind the shocks that came with it. He was just happy she was beside him.

"But it's a trick." Clint said as he span a chop stick around his fingers.

"No, no. It's much more than that." Thor chuckled as he handed Steve his flask.

"'Ah whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power.'" Clint responded, imitating Thor as he pointed towards the hammer. "Whatever man, it's a trick."

"Please, be my guest." Thor chuckled pointing towards his hammer. Everyone fell silent and turned to look at Clint.

"Really?" Clint said with a goofy smile on his face.

"Yeah." Thor nodded, making Clint stand up.

"Oh, this is gonna be good." Rhodey chuckled.

"Clint, you've had a tough week. We won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." Tony muttered sarcastically.

Steve sat forward, pulling Darla with him. The girl linked their hands and rested her head on his shoulder.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" Clint questioned looking over to Thor. He wrapped his hand around the handle and attempted to pick up the hammer. Thor had a smug smile on his face once he saw that it didn't budge. "I still don't know how you do it." He chuckled.