3. Asshole

Olivia P.O.V.

When I wake up, I have plenty of time to get ready for school, but in the end, I end up almost getting late anyway. When I sit down in math, Mateo is already there.

"Hello." I feel like getting to know him today, I'm in a good mood. However, he doesn't answer me. He doesn't even look in my direction. "Fine." He has now a new accomplishment. Killing my good mood this early in the morning. It's like a cat playing with a mouse, slowly killing it. So, by the end of the class, I was a combination of pissed and sad. Great.

By lunch, I sit down beside the girl I met yesterday, Sophie and Mia. I turn to Sophie. "What's the deal with Mateo?" They look surprised at me for a second before Sophie suddenly opens her mouth to speak.

"I don't know. No one does I think?" her words come out more like a question.

"He started last year, and he hasn't gotten any friends since then. He's all by himself all the time. Of course, he's handsome as you can see obviously. Some girls have asked him to go out and be friends, or just talk to him either way. But he turned them down cold flat. All of them without even blinking. Sometimes he would even ignore them and just walk straight past them or not even paying attention to what they're saying. It's like he wants to be alone. You are the first person he talked to by free will." She stops talking and looks over to her shoulder. Mateo is standing by the entrance looking at us. Let me correct that... he's looking at me.

"How do you know?" I look at her confused. Remembering that she told me that he talked to me by free will. "Everyone is talking about it. See, he is the school's most good-looking guy. So, everyone knows him, and he is popular just because of his looks. So, when he voluntary talks to someone, especially when that someone being a girl, everyone knows about it." Dammit, I thought no one knew. At least everyone knows who I am. I don't even know if that's good or bad. Wait? That wasn't even a conversation. My anger rushes through me.

"I wouldn't call it a conversation." My voice is harsh like I hate him. I kind of do, he reminds me of a certain asshole from my last school. Sophie has given up on her food and is now just picking on it with her fork.

"Anyway, do you have any plans for the weekend?" Mia says unexpectedly in a joyful tone. Probably to change the subject. I shake my head.

"I'm just going to stay home in my room on my computer or something, I don't have any plans about anything right now. Why?"

"I'll have a party at my house. Do you want to come?" she looks at me with a smile on her face. I do need to get out a little more, and this might be exactly what I need, I also need to take my mind of Mateo. The way they talked about him. Something doesn't add up. Every good-looking guy would use it to their advantage. Why doesn't he? Weird.

"Sure, I'll be there." She smiles and we talk about all kinds of nonsense, for the rest of the lunch period. "See you later." Mia walks off. Her class is about to start, and she wants to talk to the teacher. Sophie disappeared a couple of minutes earlier.

I walk towards the entrance when suddenly I walk into a wall almost falling. I look up from my phone right at someone's chest. Scratch the wall, this is a person. I look up to meet Mateo's eyes. He is like a head taller than me. He is the last person I thought I would run into right now. And not to mention the last person I want to talk to right now.

"If you know what is best for you, you stay away from me. Don't even think about talking to me." His voice is ice cold and sends shivers down my spine, as he walks past me and disappears out of school property. Away. The bell ring and I go to class all confused, and late, nonetheless.