23. Deja Vu much?

Olivia P.O.V.

I stand there with my back turned towards the action for a while before I feel a gentle tap on my shoulder. I turn around looking straight at Mateo.

"It's over, Olivia." His voice is low as if he's sad or something. I mean he has all the right to be, but I didn't think he actually would. Mateo has not been one to show his emotions all the time. I shake his hand off my shoulder, looking down at my two feet which have some blood splattered on them.

"Can we go home now?" he lets out a low sight, as feel him still staring at me. "What's wrong?"

I look up at him, and he looks just like he did before the change. I can't deal with this anymore...

"I can't believe that we're so different. You just changed into a freaking monster and then act all normal. I can't just ignore that. My brain can't keep up with all of this anymore." Tears falling down my face as I start to run off. I keep running even when I'm through the portal, and I don't stop before I'm safely back home.

Once the door is closed and locked behind me, I slide down, my back still against the door. I can't believe my eyes. What have I gotten myself up in? how am I going to handle all this? I can't go to a therapist because then I would have been sent to a mental hospital and there is no one else I can talk to about all of this. Not even my mom.

I'm sick and tired of Mateo and demons. That entire world to be honest. I run up to my room, which is dark now that the sun has gone down.

"Home already?" I look to the dark corner of my room. "Who is it?" a lump forming in my throat. For all I know I could get kidnapped once again.

I slam my hand on the light switch blinking a few times so that my eyes adjust to the light. Why does it get to be so freaking bright?

A person wearing a large hoodie with the hood up and casting a shadow over the person's face making me not able to see him or her. The person wearing plain old sneakers and some black pants. This could be anybody.

"Take off your hood." My voice is steadier than I thought it would be, considering I'm almost shitting my pants in fear right now. The person does as I say and takes off the hood revealing the face. The face of a person I'm so sick and tired of seeing by now. Alex.

The man I thought was tossed away to be left on the ground, lifeless doesn't look as lifeless anymore.

"What do you want?" I spit out my words, anger taking over. I'm so sick and tired of him always coming back and ruining everything. It's his fault. If I could blame anyone it would have been him. Without him I would never have met Mateo, I would never have been kidnapped and I would've continued my life as plain as it was. Never being dragged into this weird world where hell and demons come naturally into a sentence making perfect sense and everything.

He gives me that creepy gross smile of his making me shiver. "I want to get back at Mateo for what he did to me and my companions. Taking you who means something to him, and if he's not coming after you then I'll just use you instead. You're usable anyway, it's a win, win for me." He says triggering the anger within.

"That doesn't help much anyway." He gives me a confused look. "He gets stronger because of me. If I'm within a certain range, he gets stronger. That makes him able to keep going kicking your ass and his energy at the top for a longer time."

My voice is breaking but I'll refuse to let him win anything. I'm already in this shithole, I might as well do something while I'm still in this mess. I take one step towards him. "I feel like I have to do something about the likes of you while I still can. Since you dragged me into all this mess, I've lost all hope of ever getting out of it." I spit out my words.

I may be utterly terrified right now, but I'm also shaking with anger. To think that people like him can live with themselves. How do they even fall asleep at night knowing what they've done and are doing to people? I know that I wasn't the only kidnapping. I know that there have been others.

I walk another step towards him as I raise my palm. I slam my palm against his face hearing an appreciated *smack*. Letting me know I hit well. It probably didn't hurt him as much as it did to me, but it sure felt good.

"You thought that would help? Give me some little speech and then slap me?" he lets out a low chuckle which makes me shiver in fright. Not long after something firm slams into my chin and I fall to the floor, and everything goes black. I think it was his fist...

Once I open my eyes, I'm right back into that creepy bunker I was in when I was first kidnapped. However, this time I'm not as scared and I know a lot more about all of this, making me feel a weird sense of comfort. Don't get me wrong I'm still scared, just not like before. Now I know what's going to happen, I know what they're capable of. I didn't know that before and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what's worse. Not knowing or knowing how bad.

"Is the little girl afraid? Where did the courage go? You know the courage that made you slap my face, huh?" Alex stands before me, here I sit against the same concrete pole that holds the ceiling. Tied too tight for my liking making the position highly uncomfortable but what do you expect. I'm kidnapped for fucks sake.

He smiles that disgusting smile of his and takes a hold of my chin, forcing me to look at him. I instantly close my eyes. I don't want to see this or even experience this. What am I going to tell my mom if I ever see her again? Where is she anyway? I can't remember to have seen her for a while.

The grip on my chin loosens, as do the ropes tying me up. A body being tossed down beside me. I smell the blood instantly. I can't see who it is from here. It's way too dark and I can only see the back of the head. Somehow it all seems too familiar.

"Have fun," Alex says before walking away. I drag myself across the floor to the person before me. I don't have all that much energy left. I take the shoulder of the person and rolls him over. Yes, I know it's a boy because of the clothing and the short hair. Besides the person doesn't have any boobs so...

Rolling him over I recognize the face immediately. Shit.