11. In his arms

Olivia P.O.V.

"Well, you're bold. I'm going to give you credit for that. But I'll answer your questions. Demons have the advantage of living much longer. They can become over a thousand years old. We have powers like to share memories as I have already shown you and..."

I interrupt him. "Yeah, and I feel like you're looking straight into my soul. It's creepy." I try to smile but can't seem to get it right. So, I let the smile fall. I remember how the story was. His mom threw him on the streets, and he ended up in a home with a man wanting him to do horrible things, but Mateo himself never became truly evil. I have seen that now.

"You okay?" I look at him and realize that he was trying to talk to me. "Sorry, but could you not mention demons anymore. That word just gives me goosebumps. Besides, I haven't managed to process you being one yet." He nods. It looks like he thinks it's funny because he hides a smirk before continuing.

"Anyway, we can share memories as I said, get humans to hallucinate or make their dream about specific things. We can put new memories into human minds, we are stronger and faster than a human possibly could be. Live vampires in movies and such. We can do some magic too and every demon has this special skill that only they have. Skills are about a little extra that makes you stand out. The man who kidnapped you, Alex, has the power to be immortal, untouchable. In other words, I have to get him to deactivate the power to be able to kill him." He takes a break like he is thinking about something. Is he planning on killing the creepy man named Alex? I would never be able to kill someone, but if it's someone like him I'm not so sure anymore. I mean he has probably done so much bad that I can't even begin to imagine.

"When it comes to weaknesses it's not that many. We can't handle cold temperatures, we can die over time. We don't like direct sunlight. It gets better as you get older. Children are not allowed up on earth before they have passed the test. If a demon gets up to earth and then goes crazy in sunlight it will drive them crazy and they could die. Besides if they go crazy, they're certainly going to kill someone." He stops himself, like if he's not sure if he's going to tell me or not.

"We are not made to kill like all books and stories make us out to be. We are as humans, living under the Devil's command. He never tells us to kill someone, that is only for those who are specifically trained to do it. Normal demons just get set on clean duty, service, or guard duty. When it comes back to the sun if you tie a demon up in sunlight over a week or two the demon gets killed. Burnt alive, the sun is too strong here." I think about what he has said, and even though he is close to me I don't feel frightened like before, I'm still on edge but I manage to control it.

«Will you let me go and be free after you have used me for whatever you need me to?" I'm starting to understand that this is something I won't get away with easily. If ever at all. "I can't say yes, but I can promise that I'll do anything for your life to go as close to normal as possible after this. It was never my intention to get you all caught up in this." To be the person he is, he is easy to read. It's like an open book. Another question pops up in my mind. Why does he need me in the first place?

"There is something you should know. Some of the powers that we have, scare me. With the right teacher, you can become incredibly powerful and dangerous." His words shock me. I didn't think he would be so tomorrow to answer my questions. He is powerful, I know that much, and he is scared? That says something. At least to me. Something inside of me tells me that I won't come out of this alive.

My head falls facing the floor and my own two feet. What am I going to do? I feel someone wrap their arm around me. It's Mateo. "What are you doing?" I'm confused and a little scared. I feel myself starting to panic. "You need to relax. Just let it out." His words influence me, and I relax just a little more for me to be able to crawl up in his arms. I start crying and shaking. Falling apart.

I feel his arms around me holding me tighter. The fact that he's a demon doesn't bother me as much anymore. He would've killed me or hurt me if he wanted me to be dead. He's good at calming me down so for now, I'll go with the flow. Before I even know it, I'm bound by a deep sleep.