25. Experiment succeeded

Olivia P.O.V.

"This is even better than what I had been hoping for in the first place." Alex looks over at me, smiling. "What?" my voice is trembling. I'm terrified to know the results.

"The serum was made to make your body adapt while being here in the in-between. Which it's about to do. However, it's more than that. You've been drinking Mateo's blood several times am I right?" I'm hesitant to say yes, but I nod, not liking the way this conversation is headed.

"Well, your blood cells are starting, slowly, to copy his. Mateo being the first of the new generation as I'd like to call it makes you..." he stops. This is enough information for me to get the rest, but he keeps talking anyway.

"You'll be something like him. If not the same, then maybe stronger. Oh, I'll be loving to see how this turns out."

He stops talking watching my face slowly fill with horror. Am I becoming a demon? The very creatures that are dammed to be evil and bring pain and suffering wherever they go? Damn, I wish I never read books about this stuff. It makes everything seem ten times as bad. Never once in my life did I ever think that my life would turn into something like this. If I did, I would warn myself about staying as far away from Mateo as I possibly could. I hate to admit it, but he's the source of all of this.

"Relax, it's not that bad. I just want to know how this is possible. You know, for future experiments." He says coming towards me with another syringe filled with a clear liquid. I step back but I'm soon stopped by the guards taking a firm grip on my arms and shoulders. I'm painfully aware of the needle piercing my skin as he injects it into my system. Everything turns black in a matter of seconds.

"It's incredible, just look at this." I hear someone. I open my eyes, squinting them from the bright light. I'm in the laboratory strapped to a bed. This is just fan-fucking-tastic.

I struggle, my arms and legs against the restraints but it's of no use. They won't even budge. "Come on!" I yank at the restrains again, hoping that they're going to magically just give in and release me. However, the only thing they're doing at the moment is hurting my wrists. Looking around I see some men in old-fashioned lab coats. Probably scientists.

"Calm down!" one of them rushes over to me, trying to hold me down but I have too much energy so his attempts of holding me down are of no use.

"Switch places with me and I'll see how calm you'd be! Let me go!" I yell up in the man's face. It's seriously starting to piss me off.

"I'm sorry." His words made me stop fighting the restraints as I don't get what he means. "Care to elaborate on-" my words are cut short when an excruciating pain courses through my body. Frantically looking to my right, I see the blurry image of a person with a stick in his hand. Probably running with electricity. That's what it felt like, at least.

Everything I see is in a blur, so I close my eyes. Welcoming the darkness with open arms.

"Olivia? Olivia! Wake up!" a familiar voice making me jolt awake. I sit up too fast I clutch my head in my hands, leaning forward. The memories about what happened before I fell asleep creep themselves back into my memory, as a headache makes its grand appearance.

I let out a groan as I open my eyes and look around me to see where I am. It appears that I'm back in the hall, and as I turn my eyes stop when I notice Mateo being chained up against the pillar.

"What did they do to you? You look like hell." Gee, thanks.

"Thanks, at least then I look better than I feel." I take a deep breath remembering what Alex told me something about me becoming something like Mateo or even worse.

"Hey, look at me. What did they do?" I meet his eyes. They're filled with guilt, probably because he feels like this is all his fault, and not too long ago, I would've blamed him for it too, but now anymore. If hell's real then so must heaven be, right? Then maybe this is what I was destined to be. "Alex took some tests. I was willing at first. I wanted to know what he injected me with in the first place. Apparently, it's a serum supposedly making me into a demon. It didn't work before until I got your blood in my system."

"Wait-"

"Let me finish because I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold it together for much longer. Anyway, my blood cells are copying yours. Making me into a demon but the fact that I got a different serum before that will probably make me stronger and worse than whatever happened to you. How am I supposed to tell my mom, or even-" my voice breaks as a sob escapes my lips. My mind catching up to reality.

"Come here, shh. It's going to be alright." Mateo grabs my arms and drags me across the cold concrete floor towards him. Holding me tight against his warm and muscular body. I crawl up in his lap, wishing that everything would be fine once I wake up. That all of this would be one terrifying dream. A nightmare. Somehow, I imagine my future, but it all comes out blanch as if I just died.

My classmate is a demon...On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara