5. Kidnapped

Olivia P.O.V.

"Look what we have here. You said you took care of it? You didn't." his laugh sends shivers down my spine and when Mateo turns around his face says it all. He is furious, disappointed, and sad all at once. He comes up to my face and drags me up from behind the bush.

"Get the hell away from me!" He pushes me away from him, but I only stumble and fall to the ground. He looks at me surprised at how drunk I am, but I know something is wrong because I never drank that much?

"Just let her go." Mato looks at the man, and he sounds desperate. I on the other hand don't understand what it is that is so important about Mato wanting to let me go. I haven't done anything wrong, so what is all this commotion about? I am going to get up to walk away from this. This doesn't seem to end well for me.

I am about to stand, but then I fall again. Why does my body feel so heavy? My eyelids start to close as I fall to the ground. I hear a voice just before I blackout. "So hopeless. What do you see in her Mateo? You are doing great despite how much I drugged you down thought. I'll give you that." He laughs that creepy laugh and sends shivers down my spine again. That's the last thing I remember before it all went black.

When I wake up again it's incredibly warm and the air is heavy to breathe in. Did I get drugged down again or something? It feels like being in hell. I try to move, but my hands are tied behind my back. My feet are also tied together. At least I still got my dress and my purse. My purse!

I grab my purse and slips my phone out of it, only to see a message. No signal. Seriously?!

Someone is walking towards me from the shadow in front of me. "Look who finally decided to wake up?" the disgusting man from earlier comes up to me. There is someone else in here, but I can't see him or her. Their face is hidden behind the shadows. I only see the outlining of the person, but it's only one thought.

The man comes closer, and I try to turn away, but I can't. I'm tied too tight. I look away to the side. I don't want to see him. He grosses me out and I can't stand it. "Looks like we just got something to play with. Right, Mateo?"

I freeze at his words. Did the man just say, Mateo? I look at the person in the shadows who is now walking my way. The eyes don't meet with mine, but I know it's him. What the hell is happening!? I am terrified and I can't get a word out. I'm too shocked by Mateo. I look at him, but he avoids looking me in my eyes. Just on the ground or the closest he gets is my chest. He looks kind of ashamed.

Suddenly my urge to speak overcomes my fear of everything else. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" I scream at the man, but he just puts on a serious face. Then he sighs like he is disappointed or irritated.

"I'll give you credit for the courage, however, watch your mouth. You are far from home my dear." The way he talks makes me want to puke. He walks away and I'm happy about that, but Mateo stays. "I told you to stay away from me." He comes even closer. I look up at him. He is still not looking straight at me. He is a step away from me as he is now hovering above me. If I didn't feel small towards him before I sure do now.

"Just let me go and take me home." Even though I'm furious at him, I beg him to do this for me. Right now, I don't care about him I just want to get home. This all reminds me of what happened to my sister. I'm scared and sad. Is this how she felt in her last moments? This is it, I'm going to die.

"Home? You think it's that easy?" he drags me out of my thoughts, I look at him a bit surprised. I was so sure he was going to kill me. Maybe even torture me or something like that. Not to question me begging him to let me go.

"It can't be that hard. Just untie my hands and get me out of this building. I can get home myself, just get me out of here." I look at him full of hope. It all comes crashing down when he meets my gaze. It's a look of disappointment, not towards me, more towards himself.

"I can't." his voice is strong, but it sounds like he wants to cry, you know when you try to talk with that lump in your throat.

"Then at least tell me where we are?" I try to get to him, maybe he is good on the inside? I don't know, I don't know him. At least I'm trying, that is what I tell myself. When he sits down in front of me, looking away from my eyes.

"Just so you know. I'm telling you this, so you won't try to escape. It is impossible for you, and you won't be leaving. Like never. You're already on your way to death." He looks down at his hands. He looks sad like this, all bring back some kind of memory of his. I may hate him now, but there might be a good explanation for all this. I hope so. Maybe it's just a prank? What am I thinking? This is all too real, and who would prank me like this anyway. It's not a prank, I'm quite sure of that by now.

"You are between earth and hell, that's why it's harder to breathe than normal. The air is heavier, it's warmer and the humidity is higher. If you stay here for too long you will eventually die. Slowly and painfully. The air is like poison for you. You will experience the feeling of not being able to breathe like your lungs are on fire. Your head will hurt, and you will hallucinate. Your worst nightmares will haunt your dreams, so I'll give you the advice of not falling asleep." He says straight forward, no filter covering it up. He keeps saying you, not we. What am I missing? I am too shocked to understand what he said. I am between hell and earth? What the actual heck is going on!?

"You keep saying for me, you and your what about you Mateo?" he looks up and his eyes are now black. Like not just the color around the pupil, the whole eye even the white thing around is black. The blackness reflects the small light there is and I can see my face which is filled with horror in the reflection of his now black eyes. "I'm not human." His eyes scare me, and I try to move away from him, only to get my back to hit the cylinder made of concrete holding up the roof behind me. It's fucking creepy.

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!" I scream at him. Luckily, he stands up and takes a few steps back. Like he understands my pain and horror. But he can't understand this because it's him I'm afraid of.

"I didn't want this to happen trust me." I don't look at him, I've had enough Mateo for the rest of my life. I look down, refusing to meet his eyes, afraid of what I'll see. I hear him walk away leaving me alone in the almost pitch-black room with concrete walls and a floor with some cylinders probably holding the roof up. There is one small lamp on the next cylinder on the line. There are like five of them in a row, and I would guess it to be like fifty feet to the wall from the cylinders and around fifty feet between them too.