12. Again?

Olivia P.O.V.

"Olivia, wake up, breakfast's ready." My mom shakes me awake. It's Saturday and I feel like sleeping in today. "I'm not hungry. Eat without me." She lets out a loud sigh and walks out of my room again. I'm a little annoyed that she woke me up this early.

Well, it's not super early, but I wanted to sleep longer. I have a lot on my mind these days. I feel exhausted even though I fell asleep early yesterday. I lay in bed for about an hour longer, doing nothing in particular. I feel like I have been awake for forty-eight hours. Why am I so tired? I get dressed when I hear the doorbell. "Mom!" I brush my hair and when I walk down the stairs, I hear mom talking.

"Hey, is Olivia home?"

"Yes." Who wants to see me now? I don't hear the voice good enough to recognize it.

"Could I talk to her?" I walk behind my mom and see a man I've never seen before. "Mom, I've got this." She looks at me suspiciously but walks back into the house regardless. I turn back to the man standing in our doorway.

"Could I talk to you for a minute? Alone?" I nod and close the door behind me as I walk outside.

"Could you follow me?" What the hell? We just met and now he wants me to follow him. I don't want to get kidnapped again. I shake my head. He looks down like he's thinking about something. He then starts to chuckle. A deep chuckle starting at his chest and ending in a burst of evil laughter.

His eyes meet mine and they're completely black. Just like Mateo's were. "What the heck?!" the words just slip out of my mouth, and he holds over my mouth as he lifts me from the ground carrying me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. I struggle to get free from his grip, but it's no use he is too strong for me.

There aren't many awake at this hour. It's only about 10 AM, my mom woke me up a little before nine. Anyway, I can't scream loud enough for anyone to wonder what's going on. Why does it always have to be me? What have I done to deserve this? Mateo, please don't let this happen again.

His name pops up in my mind like my mind thinks he's going to come and save me. He probably doesn't even know I'm in trouble. How could he anyway?

After walking into the forest, he finally stops walking. He throws me to the ground. Just like a sack of potatoes, and I land like one too. Hard with a little thud that hits the air out of my lungs. My head hits the ground and starts to hurt, and I feel dizzy. He grabs me by my shirt and up on my feet, slamming me against a tree. My back is going to be sore from this. He holds me still with so much force I'm quite sure my back is going to break anytime soon. He looks at me with the same black eyes I have seen too many times now. I close my eyes, not wanting him to control my mind. I hate that so much you have no idea.

"What do you want from me?" I'm scared and my words come out like a little squeak. However, all he does is laugh at me.

"What I want? I want a lot of things. But right now, I want to get a spicy drink. You smell incredibly nice by the way." Chills run down my spine as I feel his tongue on my neck. Is he going to drink my blood? I thought that vampires didn't exist, Mateo said so at least.

"You got nowhere to run little one." I can feel something getting in my neck, and I can feel my life getting dragged out of me. What the hell? The pain gets worse, and I open my eyes looking up at the sky. I'm so deep in the forest that the sun can't get through all the branches and leaves. This only makes the scene creepier since it's darker here. In the shadows. If Mateo just wouldn't have left me last night. Wait? Where did he go?

The man gets ripped away from me, but I'm too weak now to stand and collapse on the ground losing consciousness.