6. Hallucinations *part 1*

Olivia P.O.V.

I sit and wait for what feels like forever. I don't know how much time is passing because there are no windows and no other light source than a lamp in the middle of the room. I try to get my hands free, but the one who tied my hands tied them too tight.

I see someone in the corner. "Come out of the shadows." My voice is shaking, I'm scared sweaty, and my breathing is starting to go faster. I understand what he meant now, my breathing is uneven and it's starting to hurt. Someone steps out. It's Mateo. My anger starts to rise again. "What are you doing here!? Can't you just understand that I want to be left alone?" My voice breaks, if it's from fear or the lack of air I have no clue anymore. I gasp for air, but it's not helping.

"I want you to see my side of things." He comes up to me and forces me to meet his eyes by grabbing my chin towards his face. "Look at me." His voice is calm but demanding. I meet his eyes and see his normal blue and brown eyes. When he blinks his whole eye turns black like last time and I get thrown backward as pictures start to go through my head. Like the old movies.

It's a woman giving birth to a little boy, but as soon as he is born the woman throws him on the street. Like she doesn't want him at all. It's hot and the air is heavy just like in real life but even worse if that's even possible. The boy doesn't stop screaming on the ground in the middle of the street. A man picks him up and takes care of him. He seems nice at first.

The movie speeds up to a couple of years ahead. The man who picked him up takes care of the young boy and I start to recognize him. Mateo. This is his story, how he grew up. Maybe this will help me understand him better. I mean people aren't just born evil. I refuse to believe that. He lives in the man's house for several years doing great and becomes strong and somehow independent for his age, he is still what looks like ten years old or so. The man in control which I have never seen before looks pleased. However, the things he does are horrible.

He is torturing innocent people, killing, and separating families in the process.

Then a thief steals something looking like a syringe with some green liquid in it. The man gets furious. He hits Mateo several times and then Mateo runs out of the house, away from the man. Even though it was never him who took it. The man throws a knife at him that hits his back, but he somehow just keeps running.

When he collapses, a man whom I've seen before takes care of him. It's the creepy man who kidnapped me. He takes care of Mateo, and he grows up there. Doing things even worse than before. He is a killer and has tortured many people. Shot children, destroyed families. I get scared, not about Mateo more of his mind. I have no clue if he's okay with all that he has done or if he's suffering. Rather the thought crushing down on if he's still doing all of this? Is he still the same person I've just watched?

I don't understand why I feel pity for him when he has done so much harm to others.

I blink and get back to myself. Back stuck in this basement-looking venue. "Your mother threw you on the streets and the one who took care of you almost killed you? But either way, that doesn't justify the fact that you were, or still are, killing and torturing people." I have mixed feelings for it. I realize that I'm crying and wipe my tears. Why am I crying? H doesn't deserve my tears as much as I don't feel like showing him how much this got to me.

"I wasn't done. It's more to the story. Do you think that was bad? Wait till you see the rest." He has this glimpse in his eyes like he is playing with his new prey. Does he enjoy rewinding about the past? I have so many unanswered questions. The biggest one being how can something be worse than what he did in the past and God knows what he is still doing on a day-to-day basis.