19. Visitours

Olivia P.O.V.

I run out of the room, on my way down, almost running down my mom. Clearly on her way up the stairs. "Who were you talking to? Or rather yelling at?" she says with a small smile on her lips. "Just my homework that's all. It's frustrating. Dinners ready?" she nods, and we continue into the kitchen.

"Where's dad?" I ask, remembering that it's been a while since I saw him. "On his way home, there was an accident on the highway, so it'll take some time. He went out of town for a couple of days, I guess we both have been too busy to keep track of time. I'm sorry I forgot to mention it." She looks at me, her facial expression showing me her regret for her missed action.

I shake my head. "Don't worry. I have been so occupied with school, so I haven't even noticed. It's making me feel bad." Not being able to notice if my father had been home or not was like a punch in the gut. How could I not notice such a big detail? Well, to be honest, I've had a lot on my mind recently.

I manage to eat and like on cue when I shove my empty plate in front of me, someone presses the doorbell. My mom stands up heading towards the door. I pick up my phone, checking it for messages since I haven't been much active recently. To my disappointment there is none.

"Olivia! It's for you!" my mom shouts from the hallway. I stand up and make my way towards the front door. I pass my mom before I turn the corner not seeing who it is. She gives me the look.

You know the look every mom had when their daughter is caught being around a boy. The way she tells you with a single look 'good luck' or something in that line, also that I'll have the interrogation later when he leaves where she wants to know everything. Jeez, my mom can be awkward if she wants to.

When I turn around the corner, I see that it's Mateo, and I instantly get embarrassed by what my mom said to him.

"What do you want?" my voice bearing more attitude than I meant I instantly regret my choice of words. Besides, I'm quite embarrassed after what I said before, so I'd rather have him forget the whole conversation. But by the looks of it, that's not what's on his mind. He seems way too serious to walk about that. Something must have happened to make him this serious. Or he just happened to think about something serious.

"I want to talk to you. I need you to take down Alex-"

"Not here, not now. Go back into my room, I'll be up in a second. I'll just tell my mom we're studying or something." I interrupt him not even caring to wait for an answer before I walk back into the dining room to see the excited face of my mom.

"Mom, I know what you're thinking and forget it. He is ridiculously hot. I know, but he's just helping me catching up at school. You know after the kidnapping and all that?" she stops smiling at me mentioning the kidnapping and silently nods her head. By the look on her face, she's now in deep thought.

I walk up the stairs towards my room where I know Mateo is waiting for me. When I open the door, I see Mateo sitting on the chair beside my desk. "Continue," I say, my voice being monotonous.

"The man who abducted you, Alex. I need your help to take him down." He cuts the conversation short. I assume 'take him down' means to kill him? To be honest, I don't have a problem with that. Using evil to ease another evil. Because that's what he is, evil to the bottom. I can't wrap my head around the reason why he's still alive. How has no one killed him yet? A question remains in my head.

"Why do you need me to do that? And what does it cost me?" I let myself fall onto my bed, thinking as I stare up at the ceiling. I'm afraid he will say my life, that is the only reason I'm going to say no. At least I think I'll be able to accept and live with any other reason. My hate for that man seems to be growing by the second. Where did this anger come from? I've never been a person who gets easily angry and having a problem with it. I am usually shyer and a sad type of person. Keeping to myself.

"Well, whenever you are near me. It makes me stronger. I don't know how but I assume it has something to do with the serum you got injected with. The effect it has on you is headaches, dizziness, and fevers. It drains your body of energy. That's why you were feeling ill earlier today, but do you feel better now? Or am I wrong? I helped you heal after you fell asleep earlier today." I am too shocked by his words to even say anything. My mind racing with thoughts on what I've gotten myself into. But not a single word escaping my lips not even sure what I'm going to say.

"Heal me?" after some thought that is the question that seemed the most reasonable to ask.

I lift my head to look at him. He only smiles at me in return as he stands up just to sit down beside me on the bed. I sit up looking confused at him. "Does your head hurt now?" I nod my head. Even though I feel much better, my headache never left. "I just put my hand on your head. Concentrating on my power and the sickness almost whatever it is disappears."

He places his hand on my cheek as he speaks. Caressing my skin with his thumb. As weird as I may sound, I find it oddly comforting. Just as he says the headache releases its hold on me slowly before disappearing. Feeling a bit tired I close my eyes, and it's hard to open them once he retrieves his hand. "See?"

"Yeah, but why do I feel so tired?" I look up at him, a guilty expression on his face. "I don't know usually you're already sleeping. I assume it has something to do with your body being tired of fighting whatever it is. So, when it's gone you feel the need to recharge therefore falling asleep." I hear his words, but I don't get the chance to say anything before I fall asleep it may look like I passed out. Falling onto him feeling him wrapping his strong arms around me and hearing him saying a quiet "I got you." Before returning into the darkness.