29. Planning

Mateo P.O.V.

I jump through the portal landing steadily on my feet. Looking around Olivia isn't anywhere to be seen.

"Olivia?" she jumped right before me, she can't have gotten far. "Here." A small voice calls out and I look towards the direction it came from, seeing a hand being retreated back behind a big oak tree. "Hurts like a bitch?" she nods, and I let a small smile show before I hide it. She wouldn't find it funny, but I told her it would be like this. She's stubborn, that's for sure.

"Yeah, like my body is on fire or something. Still hurts here, but it's much better. You could've told me it would be that bad." She complains, and I can't help but let a chuckle escape my lips.

"I did in fact tell you about it. That it would hurt." I state as a fact, and she looks down at her feet in disappointment I think. I'm not good with emotions. "Will it always hurt that much?"

"No, it's just because of your new transformation that your body isn't used to it yet. Give it some time but have in mind that the sun will never feel like it used to. Right now, all of your senses are heightened. It will cool down after a couple of days, I think. You're a special case so I don't exactly know. The light itself it's not what hurts you, it's the UV radiation. That's why it still hurts in the shadows, it's simply better." She goes deep in thought for a minute, and I just look at her, taking in her beautiful features.

Her forest green eyes light up when she's happy and turn dark when she's angry. How she knits her brows in confusion when she debates over something. Her eyes glazes over when she's deep in thought like she is now. How when she's shy she plays with her brown hair, which looks so soft I just want to run my hands through it.

"Can I ever go skiing again?" she asks, dragging me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, but keep in mind that the cold will feel even colder now. Your skin especially is overly sensitive about temperature changes, so be aware and get dressed well. We'll talk more about it when the time comes. One day at a time." I try to reassure her, even though I know that once she feels it, she won't want to do the things she used to love doing. I know that I hate things like that because I know how I feel. Maybe I have had it easier since I grew up with it. "Can we just go home?"

I give her a nod with a smile, and we start walking along the woods to keep in the shadows for as long as possible. I know how sensitive she is towards the sun right now, so I try to make the trip as comfortable for now. She has a long way to go.

As we walk silently in the shadows of the forest for as long as possible, I stop when we get to the edge. The shadows don't go any further, and she has to learn to tolerate the sun. The only thing I can do is tell her that it's getting better with time.

"This is as far as we can get in the shadows. It might be a very promising idea to tell your mom that you're sick or something so your body can adapt and all." I turn to look at her, her face scrunching up in worry.

"Could you come with me?" she asks shyly, and I can't help but smirk. She wants me around, I take that as a win. She playfully rolls her eyes at my reaction making my smirk grow wider.

"Thought you hated me?" I ask teasing her.

"I never said I hated you. I just didn't like you much. It was more about you being a demon and that I hated that, and you always talked about it like it was no big deal. Because as you'd probably figured by now, I hate demons." She says and I can feel the air around me grow cold. She hates what I am, and there's nothing I can do about it. I can't help the question that pops up in my head.

"So now you hate yourself because you're a demon now? Or do you hate me because it's my fault for giving you my blood and dragging you into all of this?" she stays silent, torturing me with the wait, not knowing what she's thinking. She doesn't answer me at all, she just turns around on her heel, making her hair fly in my face. She confidently walks into the sun, but I catch her flinch slightly. I hurriedly catch up with her, grabbing her arm making her stop, and her attention to turn towards me.