Chapter 10: The Acceptance and The Denial

It has been 4 days since Jungkook witnessed Taehyung break down infront of him. He took the next day off and the next and the next and the next. He haven't been to the office since that incident. He has been inside his appartment and on his bed for the last 4 days spending his time crying, thinking, zoning out, eating, sleeping and then crying again. The loop hasn't ended so far.

Jin called, Baekhyun called, some of his other friends called and they were all given the same answer. Jungkook told them all that he was sick and wanted to be left alone. Jin has been wanting to come visit his brother for 4 days but his duty as a doctor hasn't given him the free time to do the same.

Jungkook is lying on his bed staring blankly at the ceiling going over everything that happened 4 days ago for the billionth time when his phone rings again. "Yes", he answers without looking at the caller id.

"Jeon Jungkook stop ignoring my calls and open the door", Jin yells at his brother from the other side of the line.
"What door?", Jungkook deadpans, still doesn't realising that Jin is waiting for him to open his front door.
"Your appartment door idiot! Open it!", Jin yells before ringing the door bell.

"Shit! Hyung what are you doing here?", Jungkook groans before opening the door and as soon as he does, he finds Jin storming in. "NOW TELL ME ONE VALID REASON FOR YOU TO BE IGNORING MY CALLS FOR 4 DAYS BEFORE I DECIDE TO START WHOOPING YOUR ASS JUNGKOOK!", Jin yells at his little brother while heading straight to the kitchen.

"I- uh", Jungkook fumbles while Jin opens the fridge, "And why is your fridge empty? Have you been hibernating? You picked my call ONCE and told me you were sick and then you ignored me for 4 DAYS!!", Jin continues ranting.

"I didn't ignore you technically. I texted you", Jungkook tries to save face avoiding eye contact.

"You didn't text me. You REPLIED to my texts telling me you took some meds and are now resting. You shut your cousin out while you were sick. Your cousin who happens to be a doctor. Now care to justify your actions?", Jin isn't done with his interogation.

"I didn't want you to worry about me.", Jungkook says praying for this topic to end soon.

"Oh! You are the hyung or I am the hyung?", Jin says looking visibly mad.

"You."

"You are the doctor or I am the doctor?"

"You."

"So who has more right to worry about the other?"

"You- but..but that's not the point hyung"

"Shut it Kookie!", he says in his big brother voice making Jungkook stop talking and look at his feet. "And why are you like a miserable mess? And where is that new boyfriend of yours?"

Jungkook looks visibly uncomfortable with the question which does not go unnoticed by Jin's eyes as he asks, "Jungkook..where is your boyfriend?"

"Um..we kind of.. "

"Kind of?"

"..broke up..", Jungkook says looking anywhere but at Jin's face and gulping.

"You WHAT?", Jin yells.

"We broke up hyung", Jungkook deadpans.

"Why? When?", Jin is confused.

"4 days ago"

"4 day- WAIT A DAMN MINUTE!", Jin's jaw drops and his eyes widen, "Didn't you start this relationship like 5 days ago? No. Not 'like 5 days', EXACTLY 5 days ago?"

"We did"

"And?", Jin is ready to throw hands.

""And we broke up the next day", Jungkook shrugs.