Chapter 43: Loyalty

(I don't need to tell you to switch on the caption to the the theme song. Do I?)
...

"I think he knows", Jimin tells Yoongi.

"I see", Yoongi deadpans.

"You have to go underground hyung. He knows you are out of the jail. He might want to see you. Also, he suspects I had something to do about it. You need to leave Seoul".

"I won't leave Seoul, Jimin", Yoongi shifts his cellphone from one ear to the other.

"Hyung, please.., you have to understand..".

"I thought you were done with me. Are you not?"

"I called you because this is important".

"So what happens if he does find out about you helping me?"

"I am not going to explain you everything. Either way, with or without him, you aren't safe here and you know that well. You should-", Jimin is cut off as Yoongi hangs up the call.

.....

"Only took you 5 months to come and see me?", Taehyung's mother asks her son, looking upset.

"Omma, I was...I was busy with the..."

"How busy do you have to be to not come and see your mother, Tae?"

"I am working on that project"

"Which project?"

"You know which project, Omma"

"Oh!", Mrs. Kim exclaims, "You are really doing it?", she asks, teary eyed.

"Yes", he smiles.

The land near the Han river was where Taehyung grew up playing with his parents. All his good childhood memories are attached to the land. The land where his mother wanted to build a home for young children suffering from abuse or children who were abandoned. There cannot be another Taehyung, she thinks. She had no idea his son has been fighting to make her dream come true. It was all just for her.

"Forgive me, Omma. I wanted to come and see you earlier but..", Taehyung is cut off as his mother engulfs him into a big bear hug, happy crying on her son's shoulders like the proud mother she is.

"I am so proud of the man you have become Tae", she mumbles. Taehyung cannot do anything but smile with humility in response, trying to contain his emotions.

"Do you want to meet him?", Taehyung smiles.

"Him? Who?", Mrs. Kim, asks confused.

"Him, Omma".

"Jungkook?", she exclaims with bright sparkly eyes. "You brought him along?"

"I did. He is waiting outside. He is a little nervous", he chuckles.

"Because he is inside a jail to meet the mother of his boyfriend?", she asks.

"I don't know if it's the jail or you he is nervous about but we will know". Taehyung goes out to bring Jungkook inside. Mrs. Kim's face lights up and eyes glisten with tears as she lays her glance on Jungkook.