Chapter 52: Soulmate

"Hi", Jungkook smiles cautiously, "I am Jungkook".

Gahyeon looks at him with lost red eyes, "I am Gahyeon. His sister", she motions towards Taehyung who stood right next to her, "Whom he abandoned when she was a child and needed him the most", she continues, her eyes dead.

 His sister", she motions towards Taehyung who stood right next to her, "Whom he abandoned when she was a child and needed him the most", she continues, her eyes dead

Jungkook looks at her and then looks at Taehyung trying to figure out what happened. She was wrapped up in a warm shawl and clearly looks like she used drugs.

"Maybe, she can rest and we will talk to her tomorrow?", Jungkook looks at Maria and she takes it as a cue for her to prepare a room for Gahyeon. She takes Gahyeon with her.

"She seems upset!", Jungkook observes, "Is she going to be okay?"

"Well, he said she will", Taehyung says looking at Namjoon. "Are you going to tell us how you know her?"

"It is a long story Taehyung, and we are all tired here. Don't worry, I am not going anywhere. I will tell you everything you need to know. I will go for now, Jin hyung must be waiting", Namjoon says with a smile before leaving.

......

Jungkook tosses in bed next to Taehyung, trying to sleep but some thoughts don't leave his mind.

"Hey, Koo you okay?", Taehyung asks the perturbed man next to him.

"Uh-huh"

"Can't sleep?"

"I am trying"

"What's going inside that head of yours?"

"It's nothing"

"Look at me", Taehyung makes Jungkook face him. "What is it baby?"

"Just..I know we have already had this talk but I just can't wrap my head around the fact that you left your two younger siblings when they were so young and had no parents".

Taehyung watches the younger's face for a few seconds before he takes a sigh. "I wasn't the man anyone could be proud of, Jungkook. I was a kid myself when I left them. I was 18. And I know what I did what terrible but I couldn't help it then. When I saw them, I saw him. That monster. I couldn't stand his kids anymore than I could stand him and I wanted to run away from the life I had and I did. There is no other explanation. I just couldn't stand them".

"Can you stand her now?"

"She turned out to be like this because I left her in her formative years. A teenager with no parents, no elder brother and a younger brother to take care of, no wonder she started to deal in drugs. I made her like this", his voice chokes a little as tears build up in his eyes.

"Hyung..don't be so hard on yourself", the younger shifts forward and engulfs his boyfriend in a hug.

"Why do you even love me? Why would anyone love a man like that?", Taehyung asks, sulking while Jungkook just stares at him with wide doe eyes. "Nope! We are not doing this right now!", he chuckles.