Chapter 14: Telepathy

Jungkook storms into Hwasa's office making her look up from her desk and narrow her eyes, " What is the meaning of this Mr. Jeon?"

"I quit", Jungkook tells her non-chalantly while placing an envelop on her table, "that's my resignation". He was done with this company and its CEO yesterday after the elevator episode.

"I am sorry?",Hwasa scoffs.

"I said that I quit"

"No. You don't", a smirk forms on her lips.

"What do you mean?", Jungkook narrows his eyes.

"Well, you see Mr. Jeon. I have orders to not accept any resignations from you. If you want to resign, you will have to hand this over to the CEO himself.", she gives him a fake smile.

"I am not going on that floor again"

"Well, then go back to your work?", Hwasa says crossing her legs on her chair.

"Or maybe not", Jungkook says smiling before he takes the envelop back and heads out of her office.

He enters the CEO office without knocking on the door, making Taehyung shot his head up."I quit. I am leaving.",he places the envelop on the table.

"Is that your resignation?", Taehyung asks in a deep voice and Jungkook nods. "Fine. I accept it."

"You do?", Jungkook is shocked. He anticipated some friction.

"Why won't I?", Taehyung says, smiling casually. Jungkook didn't expect it to be this easy. Does Taehyung really has no intentions to make him stop?

Jungkook gulps hard, "Fine then, have a good day!", he says turning around to leave. "Tell me sweetheart, did you forget the contract you signed before you joined this company?", Tae asks, his voice calm, collected and confident.

"What do you mean?", Jungkook turns around to face him, confused. "I accept your resignation but before you can actually quit, you will have to serve a notice period of one month in the company.", Taehyung smiles before he stands up to walk towards the younger.

Jungkook suddenly remembers the contract he signed before he joined KC and mentally facepalms himself, sighing.
"Also", Taehyung continues, "this last month that you work in the company, you will work directly under the CEO aka me. So, I suggest you move your belongimgs to this floor. The workspace right infront of my cabin is empty. Consider it yours", he informs Jungkook while his hand reaches out to ruffle the younger's hair.

Jungkook steps back right away, "you got to be kidding me!", his voice shaken in disbelief.

"Did you not read your contract baby?", Taehyung says smiling endearingly.

"I did"

"Only the first page?"

"Yeah because the other pages always have those useless formal clauses nobody pays attention to- YOU-", Jungkook stares at Taehyung with mouth and eyes wide open in shock, "You tricked me!"

Taehyung chuckles and looks at Jungkook with warm eyes, "you are cute!", his voice soft.

"And you are a trickster!", Jungkook replies, annoyed, making Taehyung chuckle even more before he picks up his intercom receiver to call Yeonjun in.

"Yes sir?"

"Yeonjun, Mr. Jeon will be working directly under me for a month. Please have someone move all his belongings to this floor. He will be have the workspace that's right infront of my cabin. Okay?", Taehyung instructs Yeonjun while Jungkook stands there rolling his eyes.