Chapter 39: Not His Man

As soon as Jungkook and Taehyung come face to face, guards catch the younger, grabbing him by his arms and trying to drag him out while the younger's eyes are fixated on the older who stands infront of him in a state of shock and numbness. Jungkook doesn't say a word but keeps resisting to be dragged out by the guards while his eyes are stuck on Taehyung.

"I just need a second", Jungkook mumbles, eyes still stuck on the older.

"You need to get out right now", yells a guard trying to drag him and as soon as he does, Taehyung is pulled out of his trance. "Leave him", he hisses with bloodshot eyes and straight face, immediately making all the guards to get their hands off of Jungkook and leave the room at once, hoping they won't be fired today.

Every member of the board watches the two young men look at each other with a strange mix of emotions on their faces. Shock, surprise, happiness, sadness, helplessness, hopefulness, love, hate. Hwasa, who is one of the members in the meeting immediately gauges the gravity of the situation and intervenes, "Maybe we should all leave Mr. Kim and his friend alone for a moment. This seems important to me", she says smiling at everyone and they nod in agreement. Everyone leaves the room and Hwasa makes sure to leave last and close the door behind her, prohibiting anyone from entering the board room.

Taehyung and Jungkook are lost into each others eyes all this while with so many questions and so many grudges. The surrounding blackens out for them and head gets a little dizzy as the eyes refuses to see anything other than the face of the long lost lover. Taehyung's breath getting heavier by the second, he approaches the younger slowly and stands just a feet away from him, still waiting for the man infront of him to talk. Jungkook watches the older with red teary eyes letting the older know that there is a lot to be said and a lot more to be heard today. This is his first time seeing Taehyung's face after that night and his brain doesn't know what it wants to do with the man infront. Embrace him with open heart and open arms? Melt into the olders warm embrace? Cry his heart out and tell him how much he has loved him all this while? Kiss him maybe? Oh how surreal would that be! Before Jungkook's brain could decide what it wants done, he takes a step forward and slaps hard right across Taehyung's face.

Taehyung holds his face for a second, shocked beyond speech before breaking into a warm smile, while his eyes tear up and hands begin to crave to feel the man infront of him. "I probably deserved this", he smiles warmly at Jungkook.

"You didn't apologise", Jungkook deadpans, his face straight.

"I know", Taehyung admits with an apologetic smile.

"I was waiting for you the next day. I was waiting to forgive you but you never showed up. Why?", asks the younger in an interrogative tone.

Taehyung sighs, looking Jungkook in the eyes. "Koo, I..I just.."

"What makes you think you can call me by that name?", Jungkook hisses moving a step closer to the older. The two men only a couple of inches away from each other.

"Why didn't you show up the next day? Did you not feel like you should apologise?", he asks again.

Taehyung looks at the younger with a sad smile on his face, "How do you ask forgiveness for something that even you can't forgive yourself for?".

"I don't care if you can forgive yourself for what you did or not. Why did you not come back?", Jungkook asks yet again.

"I got caught up somewhere", Taehyung lies.

"Where?"

"Office", the older says, avoiding eyes contact with Jungkook.

The younger on listening to this answer immediately grabs Taehyung's collars, "lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, ALWAYS LIES!!!!", he ends up yelling. "WHEN WILL YOU STOP LYING TO ME!?"