BONUS 3: Wedding Night

"I understand", I told the investor over the phone call. I have been trying to get investors for my start-up and Tae has been helping me with the proposals. Work was important, especially the call of an investor who was going to invest billions in my business. I had to take this call even if it was my wedding night and Tae was waiting for the call to end, very impatiently I must add.

Tae said he didn't want to spend our wedding night at home with so many people around so he flew me to a private beach in Jeju Island where there was no one but us for as far as I could see. One beautiful and big bungalow by the sea and just sand was all there was. We were supposed to spend the night in our bungalow where no one could interrupt us. Tae especially mentioned he didn't want me to hold back my noises tonight and that was possible since there was no one who could hear us. Just the sea and the moon.

But work needed my attention. This investor either didn't know that I got married today or he didn't care. He liked my proposal and he wanted to invest in my business. I walked around on the beach by the bungalow attending this call as Tae sat on a beach chair watching me. I could see the frustation and the impatience on his face and I tried to make the call as quick as possible.

"That's correct. I will be sending you the access to try out the softwares and you can let me know how you like it", I told the investor.

"Sure. I was wondering, Mr. Jeon if you would be willing to take me through all the features of the software?", he asked.

"Um..Now?",I asked him and I was hoping he would say no. I had already made Tae wait for too long. This was our wedding night and he didn't deserve this.

"Yes. Do you mind?", he said and I sighed. It was my one shot at my dreams. I excused myself for a minute and put the phone on mute before I walked upto Tae.

"Is that going to take some time?", he asked me.

"I am so sorry"

"It's okay, sweetheart. I get it. I can wait", he smiled. God I love this man.

"Just give me 10 minutes max. I will wrap this up. I am so sorry Tae", I pressed a kiss on his lips before I went back to the call. He understood. He always did. He knew how important this call was for me and he didn't mind waiting until I was done even though he looked like he was dying of frustation. His face made me smile. No special reason, it just always does.

I explained the investor in detail the workings of my software. It took me 15 more minutes and I was getting anxious. More than anything, this was unfair to Tae. He was tired with the flight and yet there he was waiting for me for the last 45 minutes.

"Mr. Gwan. Um..I am not sure if you know but I got married today and I am with my husband. Is it okay if I continue this conversation maybe tomorrow?", I asked him.

"Oh. I know Mr. Jeon. Everyone in Korea knows you got married to Kim Taehyung today", he mentioned casually.

"I see", I didn't know what to say. He knew and yet here he was asking me questions about the software.

"It takes real vision and ambition for someone to take a business call on their wedding night. I can see you are serious about this and now I know my money is going to be in safe hands. I understood everything I needed to understand about the software and you as a man. Congratulations on your wedding, Jungkook. Let's talk next week", he said before disconnecting the call and wow. Looks like this was all a test and I passed. I just stood their for a second, staring at the sea and feeling the cold breeze on my face as I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Everything was falling into place. I was where I wanted to be. I was married to the most amazing man on the planet, I was going to have a business of my own and now, I had an investor who believed in me and my vision. I was finally Taehyung's husband and I was also so much more than just his husband. This is what I wanted. My heart felt so full as I stare at the moon and felt the breeze rush through my hair.