Chapter 50: Call Me By My Name

"So this is where you live now?", Jin looks around the Kim Mansion.

"Yes", Jungkook answers, rather nervously.

"And why aren't you going to office lately?"

"Oh, I am working remotely. I just have to code. I don't need to go to office for that. So I work from home as of now. I will go back soon".

"And where is your boyfriend?"

"Office".

"Something makes me think he is deliberately avoiding me", Jin observes.

"No, he isn't", Taehyung walks in from the main gate to the hall. "I apologise for the delay hyung. Got caught up at office. It's so good to see you after so long", he bows politely.

"It's good to see you too. Namjoon will join us a little later. There was an emergency at the hospital", Jin smiles.

"That is alright. I hope he is able to join us in time", Taehyung smiles back.

The conversation between the two is rather formal or even a little bit awkward but Jungkook was proud at Taehyung trying to be nice about Namjoon joining them. He had to give him a long talk to make sure he is nice to his cousin's boyfriend despite their past altercation. *(Refer to Chapter 7: The Double Date)*

"So when did you move in with him?", Jin asked, sitting at the dining table.

"2 weeks ago", the youngest responds, timidly. He knew Jin was about to give him a piece of his mind soon and he deserved it.

"Don't you think you should have told me before you moved here? That's not something I'd expect from my little brother", Jin sounds disappointed.

Taehyung sat right next to Jungkook on the table and the couple sat right across Jin. Taehyung holds the younger's hand under the table right after Jin asked that question.

"I am so so sorry hyung", the younger responds to Jin, guilt clearly audible in his voice, "everything happened too fast I couldn't..and also because..."

"Because?", Jin raises his eyebrows.

"Because I knew you wouldn't like the idea of me moving in here".

"So you thought it's better to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission?", Jin chuckles sarcastically and Jungkook looks down in response clutching tightly onto Taehyung's hand.

"I think it's all in the past and there is nothing anyone can do about anything here. The most important thing is we are all happy. I hope you could forgive the both of us for not telling you about our decision earlier", Taehyung says, trying to get a very uncomfortable Jungkook out of the spotlight.

"Well, is he?", Jin stares at Jungkook who is still staring at the table beneath him.

"Is he what?", Taehyung asks.

"Is he happy? Are you, Jungkook? Happy with him?"

Jungkook slowly raises his head up to look at his cousin and nods before he utters, "I am hyung. I really am".

Jin sighs. "Did you tell your mom?"

Jungkook shakes his head, looking down.

"When will you?"

"I don't know", Jungkook sighs. "I don't how to or what to tell her. You know how she is".

"Well, this is a major life decision you have taken and she is your mother. You have to tell her no matter how bad her reaction".

"You are right!", Taehyung intervenes again with a smile. His motive same as the last time, sharing some of this burden with Jungkook. "We will invite her soon and explain her everything! I hope it goes well", he smiles.