Chapter 40: Left side of the Bed

It's been a week since Jungkook's birthday and Taehyung hasn't heard from him ever since. He woke up early the next morning in his couch, alone. He looked around but soon realised that Jungkook was gone. He called the younger but the call was never received. He called Jungkook a few more times over the course of the week but the younger never bothered to either answer or call back. Taehyung was upset but not shocked. He knew it was difficult for Jungkook to do what he wanted him to do. He understood the situation but it didn't help him from saving his heart. This incident shattered him like he expected it would.
He had Jungkook in his arms one night and then didn't know where he was the next morning. He tried to forget that night and pretend as if it was just a dream but the night was so beautiful and real that he couldn't forget it. He immersed himself in work and in the Han riverside project to distract him and made sure he does not come face to face with a certain employee and save the remaining bit of his sanity.

As for the witnesses of that evening, Jimin took care of it. Every employee in KC had signed a non-disclosure contract at the time of joining and nobody but Hwasa and Yeonjun had dared to break it. Hwasa paid the price and Yeonjun doesn't know that he has to. As for Jimin, he took up new clients to keep him busy. He needed distractions and so did his friend. One good thing about the week was that the two friends had all the time in the world to bond again. They spent time together, drinking and talking about everything but those two men.

Jimin and Taehyung sit and drunk in the balcony attached to Taehyung's room, reminiscing old days, laughing, just bonding. When Jimin leaves, Taehyung decides to stay out for a bit more indulging in more whiskey when he hears footsteps approaching the balcony from inside his room. "Hi", a man calls him.

Taehyung, who is sipping on his drink, sitting on a large chair, looks behind to find a very nervous Jungkook standing at the door of the balcony.
"Um..Maria let me in", the younger nervously smiles.

"Woah", Taehyung immediately stands up to face the younger, "Look! Who is this?", he exclaims sarcastically. "Jeon Jungkook? How in the world?!", he scoffs in bitterness. "Oh right! I get it. Bored of the girlfriend again?", Taehyung smiles.

"Hyung..", Jungkook tries to talk.

"So..where do you want to do it this time? Balcony? Bed? Office couch? Terrace?", Taehyung chuckles. "Also, what kind of girlfriend is that whose boyfriend is bored of her once every week? Girl needs to do better than that", he laughs out loud.

"This is worse than I thought", Jungkook mumbles to himself. "You are drunk", he observes.

"And?", Taehyung asks casually. "Yeah. So don't waste my time and tell me where do want to do it?"

"Oh God Hyung! I came here to talk", Jungkook yells in frustation.

"Talk?", Taehyung asks with confusion all over his face. "Ah! Looks like I am not playing sidechick tonight. Okay!", he smiles.

"And you can stop with the sarcasm. I know you are mad", Jungkook walks over to the other chair, takes off his shoes, sinks into the cushion of the chair and rests his legs on the coffee table before throwing his head back and shutting his eyes off to relax and take a deep breathe.

"Okay..", Taehyung looks at the younger, confused. "Make yourself feel at home I guess", he taunts.

"Hyung, stop talking and pour me a drink", Jungkook deadpans eyes still shut and head thrown back, relaxing.

"Excuse me?!", Taehyung raises his eyebrows at the younger's audacity.
"Pour me a drink please", Jungkook says again emphasing on please.
"Better", Taehyung pours him a drink and passes it along on the table and the younger instantly takes a sip.