Chapter 17: The Bait

The kidnapper with the black mask walks back into the dungeon to see if Jungkook confessed something. It has been an hour since he left him to be tortured by the other masked men. He stares down at Jungkook's bruised face and asks the men, "Did he talk?"

"Yeah" responds one of them, "We asked him the same question with every punch we threw at him. What is Kim Taehyung to him. We got the same answer every single time."

"What answer?", asks the masked man, hoping he would get a good news.

One of the men pulls Jungkook's hair to make him look up before throwing another punch to his face, "What is Kim Taehyung to you?", he growls.

"My Boss", Jungkook deadpans, his breath heavy. The masked man sighs, "I think we got the wrong man. Take him back to where you kidnapped him from and leave him there. Make sure he does not see his way out. Blindfold him."

"But sir, what about the boss?"

"I will let him know that we made a mistake and we will find the actual man"

"What if we don't find him?"

"Then we will find another reason to make Kim Taehyung pull out of the deal", the masked man smirks, "There can be an accident. He could end up dead before he signs that deal. Anything can happen. Anyways, release this poor tech guy and take him out of here", the masked man orders and the other men uncuff his hands and legs wanting to carry him out of there.

Jungkook's head tilts down, his eyes half closed, body trembling in pain, breath heavy, face bruised, lips bloody. As he was sitting on a chair the whole time, his upper body faced the most impact of the torture as compared to his lower body. The only part of his body that the kidnappers didn't injure were his legs, and that's where they went wrong.

As soon as he is uncuffed, Jungkook smashes the two men holding him from either side into each other with a force enough to make them fall hard on the ground. He takes this opportunity to kick both of them in their faces and knocks them out while the other men stand there in shock. "We were going to let you go but I guess you like getting tortured. Guess who won't be going home now", grunts the man in the black mask signaling his other men to put Jungkook down.

They try to grab Jungkook from three sides but before any of them could touch him, he lands a rotating kick on one of them making him kiss the cold floor. Everything happens faster than any of the other men could comprehend and before they could, they are met with a similar fate. Jungkook lands several swift kicks and strong punches to knock them all out. It was just the man in the black mask and him now.

The black masked kidnapper tries to tackle Jungkook but ends of pulling a couple of stray punches before Jungkook grabs his wrist and twists his hand around to his back smashing his face to the wall making the man scream in pain, "What-what are you?", he grunts before screaming again as Jungkook twists his arm a little more before leaning closer to his ear and whispering, "This is what happens when you don't do your research properly. I am not just Kim Taehyung's boyfriend. I am Jeon Jungkook, topper, Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology, software engineer at Kim Consolidated, black belt Taekwondo and national boxing champion". He smashes the man in the wall again and grunts in his ear, "You know I would just simply walk out of here if it weren't for you threating to hurt my boyfriend", he twists his hand even more making him scream his lungs out, "If I see you or any of your minions near my man, I will shatter every bone in your body before you touch him. For now, we can settle for just one", he grunts before twisting his arm one more time and dislocating it from the shoulder making he man screech in pain before landing straight to the floor.

Jungkook immediately walks out of the scene to find a way out of that dark dungeon when he notices a silhouette of man approaching him. "Who-who are you?", Jungkook questions.
"Mr. Jeon Jungkook, I am Min Young-jae. It's nice to finally meet you. I have heard a lot about you", the middle aged man smiles back at Jungkook.