Chapter 51: Promise

"Hyung, I am heading out!", Jungkook yells as he steps down the staircase in the main hall all dressed up, ready to go out.

"Wait! Where?", Taehyung who has been sitting on the sofa, working, calls him.

Jungkook turns around. "I don't know. We'll see. Going to see some friends. I have been home for so long, I am bored", he pouts.

"Oh, alright. Come here for a second?"

Jungkook goes to the living area and sits right next to the older, "Yes", he smiles

"Is it important?"

"What is?"

"This outting? Going out?"

"My friends are waiting. So yeah.. it is".

"Okay, sweetheart, I am not going to tell you what to do but will you listen to me if I asked you to not go out for a few more days without asking why?", Taehyung holds the younger's face with a palm.

"Hyung..", the smile on Jungkook's face dissappeares, "but...".

"Please?", the older rubs Jungkook's face with his thumb.

"I was really happy about this.."

"I know baby but I really need you to stay home for a few days. I am sorry".

Jungkook bites his lower lip and stands up from the sofa only to take a step forward and sit back down on Taehyung's lap, his legs to one side. He wraps one arm around the older and rests his head on his shoulder. "Okay, if you want me to stay inside, I have one condition".

"Go ahead", Taehyung says, wraps an arm around the younger's shoulder.

"If I am gonna keep my friends waiting only to tell them that I won't show up, I am gonna need why I am doing this. Basically, I will not step out of the house if you don't want me to but only if you tell me the reason as to why".

Taehyung chuckles, "So what you mean is, you will do whatever you want to until I convince you otherwise with reason. Right?"

"Well, pretty much", the younger smiles awkwardly.