Chapter 71: Promise Of Forever

(This chapter is written in Jimin's pov)

I saw Jungkook sitting by the operation theatre like a lifeless zombie. He didn't eat nor did he sleep. He just sat. No tears, no emotions. Just a life less body.

I went on to check on Gahyeon. She wasn't critical but Hoseok was shot and he was. Taehyung though, the bullet had hit a major artery and he had lost plenty of blood. He was in surgery as Jungkook waited for him right outside. His wait was going to be a long one with no certainty of a happy ending. The other person who had to wait was me.

When I visited the hospital, I was told about Taehyung and Hoseok hyung being shot. It was terrible. I was scared of losing my bestfriend but then it dawned on me that I had so much more to lose. I looked around. I saw people. I saw everyone but him. The man I have been waiting for. Where was he? I went to Dami to ask. I didn't have to take his name. I asked her where he was and what she told me shook me to my core. He didn't come back with the others. He went after Youngjae.

I didn't realise I was crying when Dami pointed it out. I had tears rolling down my face and I didn't even know. He was supposed to come back to me and tell me that he loves me. How dare he decide that it would be okay for him to go after Youngjae all by himself? What will happen if I lose him?

I turned to the direction where Jungkook was seated, looking at nothing. I could suddenly understand better of what the man could be feeling. A minute before it was my bestfriend that I was losing and it was painful enough but losing the man you are in love with? That's a different kind of pain. The kind of pain that I was hoping Jungkook and I never get to experience.

I sat right next to Jungkook. "He will okay. You know that right?"

"Doctors said they will try but they aren't sure", Jungkook mumbles, his red eyes focusing on something and nothing at the same time.

"Doctors are stupid. They don't know Taehyung like you and I do. We know he is one stubborn son of a gun. He will make it, Jungkook." I gently placed my hand on the younger's shoulder hoping for what I just said to be true.

"He promised me a forever", Jungkook mumbled again and I couldn't help it. My eyes couldn't hold me tears back. What happens if Taehyung leaves Jungkook in their midway to forever? What happens if Yoongi leaves me even before anything like a forever could even begin for us?

"Yoongi hyung went after Youngjae. Alone". I don't even know why I shared this to him. I just did. He was the only person who was feeling what I was feeling. Fear of losing the love of your life.

I saw Jungkook chuckling. It seemed like a dead man woke up from his grave and chuckled. There were no emotions in his chuckle. "We are in the same boat. Aren't we?"

"We are", I smiled at him.

"What will we do if we lose them, Jimin?"

"We won't", I tried to sound confident. I wasn't.

"You are lying to yourself!!!", Jungkook yelled. "I saw the doctors talk about hyung. Even Namjoon hyung. I saw them shake their heads in disappointment. I saw them saying it's difficult to save hyung. I KNOW HE IS DYING!!!"

I watched the man shaking in front of me. Shaking from what seemed like anger. Why him? Why always him? Everyone turned around to see who was the man yelling and they all shook their heads in pity and sympathy.

"He isn't dying, Jungkook. You know your boyfriend. He survived so much in his lifetime. He is strong-willed. He will make it. Put your trust in him like you always do."

Jungkook broke down and sobbed in my arms. "He promised me a forever", he mumbled again.

I spent some time consoling Jungkook. It seemed to me that I was the only person in front of whom he cried. I think that's because he knew I was the only person who understood. I felt like I had no right to cry that the man I love wasn't back yet because there was Jungkook whose man who dying in front of his very eyes.