Chapter 62: Sinners

Jungkook walks on the pavement with lost eyes, totally oblivious of the speedy cars zooming by on the road beside him.

"You will never be good enough"

"I am ashamed I birthed a sinner like you"

"I would rather be childless than be the mother of a son like you. This is so embarrassing"

"Why couldn't you be normal like all the other sons in the country."

"Why do you have to let a man touch you like you were supposed to touch women?"

"I don't want you to ever come back to Busan. People can't know my son is like this. I will tell them you are dead."

"I can't stand this anymore. I am leaving. I don't want to see your shameful face again"

His mother's hateful words echo in his ears so loudly that he can't hear anything else. Not cars honking, pedlars yelling, or his phone ringing. His heart seems to be broken beyond repair because he realises that his own mother hates him more than anyone else could ever do. All because he is in love with a man. He had to see the look of disgust on his mother's face when he found out she had heard him with Taehyung in the afternoon.

While they were simply laying in bed holding each other after making love, Taehyung got a call from office. He had to leave urgently.

"Don't be late", Jungkook said.

"Will be back by dinner. Promise", Taehyung kissed him before rushing off.

After Taehyung was gone, Jungkook took a long shower before getting dressed. The moment he opened the door of his room to go out, he found his mom about to knock.

"Omma!"

"Can we talk?", she said with a face full of disgust.

"What's the matter?"

"You tell me", she scoffed.

"I don't understand..."

"I heard you when you were with that man doing the unthinkable!", she yelled leaving his son shocked.

"What..what are you talking about"

"I came here to see you but now I wish I hadn't".

"Omma..I really don't want to talk about this to you. I am 24. Please don't embarrass yourself by talking about your son's personal life. What my boyfriend and I spend our time doing is none of your business", he tried to avoid her but in vain.

The woman was full of venom for his son whom she heard making love with another man. She yelled and screamed and cried trying to take Jungkook to a guilt trip. Maria rushed to Jungkook's room to find out what was happening when she found Mrs. Jeon spitting venom for her child. Maria's heart broke for Jungkook but she knew it wasn't her place to get involved between mother and son.

"I have been a good son Omma. I have a good career. I have made you proud several times in my life. Earned you medals and trophies and what not but you still don't love me. Everything I am doesn't matter but what matters to you is who I love and who I sleep with? Will I ever be good enough for you?"

"No", she said coldly, "You will never be good enough. Not until you stop this disgusting nonsense of sleeping with men"

"Men?", tears streaming down his face. "You make it seem like I sleep with any random man I see".