Chapter 54: The Most Powerful Man In The Room Pt. 1

The car AC is on but Jungkook is still with sweat beads on his forehead as he fidgets with his fingers. Taehyung notices the younger before he mentions, "Nervous?"

"Huh?", younger comes out of trance.

"You look nervous."

"Nervous? I am not nervous", the younger exclaims, fluttering his eyes a few times.

"You are a bad liar baby", Taehyung chuckles making Jungkook sigh in defeat. "I am a little nervous", he admits.

"Why is that?"

"You know me, hyung. I am not a party person. The only kind of parties I do are with close friends. I am an introvert and I hate meeting so many new people. Dealing with people is so difficult especially when you are meeting them with your boyfriend while pretending that he is not your boyfriend! Also, I just don't know this crowd. It makes me feel really insecure and intimidated".

"Intimidated?!", Taehyung gasps.

"Uh-huh"

"Why?"

"Because they are all filthy rich business tycoons, fancy people and I am..well", Jungkook sighs, "I am just me...Jungkook".

"Well just Jungkook, everyone is intimidated by someone. You know every person in that party is intimidated by one person. Any idea who that might be?", Taehyung gently strokes the younger's back.

"You", Jungkook giggles, "you are the filthiest of them filthy rich people".

"So does that make me the most powerful man in that venue?", the older asks.

"It does. You are going to be the most powerful man in that room".

"Are you sure, baby?"

"Uh-huh, you are Kim Taehyung after all", the younger scoffs.

"But who does Kim Taehyung belong to?", the older coos in the younger's ear sending a shiver down his spine. "Who controls my heart?"

"I don't know. You tell me", Jungkook giggles, his face blush red.

"Don't be a bad boy now and answer my question. Who does Kim Taehyung belong to?"

"Me", Jungkook mumbles, locking eyes with the older.

"Yes. So what does that make you?", Taehyung caresses the younger's face with a his thumb.

"What does that make me?"

"The man they are all intimidated by belongs to you so that makes you the most powerful man in that party. You, not me. Do you understand?"

Jungkook looks at the older, stunned. He could never think like this but what Taehyung said made sense to him. No matter what happens, he has him by his side so there shouldn't be anything he needs to be worried about.

"Koo, do you understand?", Taehyung holds the younger's face in his palms and Jungkook nods in response with a sense of comfort.

A year ago, Jungkook never thought his life would be so different. A fresh college graduate looking for a job was now attending one of Korea's most elite business parties and meeting the biggest tycoons of the country. This could either be a dream come true or a true nightmare. Jungkook would lean towards it being a nightmare though. His anxiety is in check since Taehyung would be next to him all this time. While traveling to the venue, he realises his life has changed permanently and he will never be able to go back to his old days filled with freedom and youth. He can no longer step out in the middle of the night to get icecream if he feels like it because he is boyfriend of Taehyung who needs as much security as Taehyung himself. He couldn't go out to meet his college friends but was going out to a party of rich people he doesn't know. Their car was preceeded and followed by a number black SUVs filled with armed security guards. This kind of security would have surely scared his friends, he thinks. He wonders if these changes in his life were worth it and what kind of barter he made. What did he get in return? He turns his head to the side and watches Taehyung peeking out of the car window. He smiles watching Taehyung's innerchild peek and decides it was all worth it. He lost his freedom and the privilege to be careless but he found a love which is freeing in itself. He knows that he is doing all of this because he wants to. Because making Taehyung happy makes him happier. Being pampered by Taehyung in his arms makes him more happy than going out without security and he realises he can deal with the change as long as he has his Love beside him.
Taehyung turns to watch Jungkook zoned out.